[1.5.18]

𝘚𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯: 𝘖𝘯𝘦
𝘌𝘱𝘪𝘴𝘰𝘥𝘦 𝘍𝘪𝘷𝘦: 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘋𝘶𝘬𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘐
𝘗𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘌𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯: 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘋𝘶𝘤𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘏𝘢𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴

𝘚𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯: 𝘖𝘯𝘦 𝘌𝘱𝘪𝘴𝘰𝘥𝘦 𝘍𝘪𝘷𝘦: 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘋𝘶𝘬𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘐𝘗𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘌𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯: 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘋𝘶𝘤𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘏𝘢𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴

______________________

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered to join together this man and this woman in holey matrimony," The archbishop smiles toward both Daphne and Simon before continuing, "it is said that marriage hath in it less of beauty but more of safety than in single life..."

I look over at Frederick, who was watching with a fond smile as his old school friend- who was known for his aversion to marriage- get married in front of his eyes. He glanced over at me and smiled, looking down at my engagement ring and fiddling with it for a moment, before looking back up at Simon and Daphne.

"...in the name of the Father, of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. Amen. I now pronounce you man and wife."

Almost instantly, both Daphne and Simon started towards the clergy office, ready to sign the official documents that would ensure they were truly man and wife. Anthony and Will stood up and quickly followed after them to serve as witnesses. Hopefully, if they were quick enough, they were able to marry before Cressida or anyone else could be able to let loose their secret.

After a few moments, they appear back out of the room and officially walk down the aisle as the Duke and Duchess of Hastings.

______________________

"Are you excited?" Cressida asked, an honest smile appearing on my face when she saw my ring. "Oh, I cannot wait to see you get married!"

I let out a small chuckle before nodding my head, "I will admit, Cress, I always thought that I would watch you get married first..."

"I just haven't found my match," she says, rather bitterly, before quickly waving it off and looking back at me with a beaming grin. "But none of that for now... my friend is getting married!"

We continue talking in hushed whispers for a few more minutes before Cressida suddenly spots Daphne through the crowd. With her brow raised, she suddenly stops mid-way through our conversation and starts to stroll through the crowd towards the newlywed, leaving me to follow behind her, hoping that she wasn't going to start anything with Daphne on her wedding day.

"I suppose congratulations are in order," Cressida says, swooping in front of Daphne with a knowing smile. "We being friends, after all."

Daphne smiles warmly at the girl, knowing that there was no way that she could ruin anything now that she and Simon were married.