[2.1.2]

𝘚𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯: 𝘛𝘸𝘰
𝘌𝘱𝘪𝘴𝘰𝘥𝘦 𝘖𝘯𝘦: 𝘊𝘢𝘱𝘪𝘵𝘢𝘭 𝘙 𝘙𝘢𝘬𝘦
𝘗𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘛𝘸𝘰: 𝘐𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘹𝘦𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘐𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘷𝘪𝘦𝘸𝘴

𝘚𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯: 𝘛𝘸𝘰𝘌𝘱𝘪𝘴𝘰𝘥𝘦 𝘖𝘯𝘦: 𝘊𝘢𝘱𝘪𝘵𝘢𝘭 𝘙 𝘙𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘗𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘛𝘸𝘰: 𝘐𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘹𝘦𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘐𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘷𝘪𝘦𝘸𝘴

______________________

As the members of our esteemed Ton lazily sojourned in their rustic retreats, the author was doing but one thing.
Honing my skills.
Or should I say, hatching my plans?
No, even better.
I was sharpening my knives, for all of you.

______________________

"Who do you think Whistldown is?" I ask, peering up from the gossip column and towards Frederick.

He sighs and shakes his head, "I have no idea... although Charlotte has been fuming with their return to London. I think that we all enjoyed a rather quiet summer... away from the drama and the secrets that this town seems to thrive on. Are you not supposed to be getting ready for your tea with the Queen, darling?"

I sigh and glance back down at the column, continuing to read.

______________________

Questions abound as to this author's identity and means. Seeking those answers shall prove fruitless, indeed.

There is, of course, another unknown identity at present. Though, this one you will be able to unearth. I speak of the season's diamond, wherever she may be.

Your move, Your Majesty.

______________________

I take another sip of my tea and watch as the Queen continues to read the column.

As I quietly gaze around the room, I make eye contact with lady Danbury, who sends me a small smirk as she sips her tea.

The entire visit had been eerily quiet, with the Queen more focused on what Lady Whistledown had written than the guests she had invited over. Lady Danbury and I had been forced to sit in a rather awkward silence for the entirety of my trip, which, thankfully, ended early when I was reminded that I had to leave to start towards the Bridgerton house, where I had promised to meet Lady Bridgerton a few days earlier.

______________________

I fight back my laughter as I watch Eloise halfheartedly dance with Gregory while Francesa played the pianoforte by the window.

"One and two. One and two," her dance teacher instructed, counting along with the music as he watched her dance with disbelief.