[2.5.18]

AUTHORS NOTE AT BOTTOM WITH IMPORTANT INFO!
______________________
𝘚𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯: 𝘛𝘸𝘰
𝘌𝘱𝘪𝘴𝘰𝘥𝘦 𝘍𝘪𝘷𝘦: 𝘈𝘯 𝘜𝘯𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬𝘢𝘣𝘭𝘦 𝘍𝘢𝘵𝘦
𝘗𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘌𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯: 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘉𝘶𝘴𝘺 𝘍𝘦𝘸 𝘞𝘦𝘦𝘬𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘢 𝘗𝘢𝘳𝘬 𝘗𝘳𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘢𝘥𝘦

AUTHORS NOTE AT BOTTOM WITH IMPORTANT INFO! ______________________𝘚𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯: 𝘛𝘸𝘰 𝘌𝘱𝘪𝘴𝘰𝘥𝘦 𝘍𝘪𝘷𝘦: 𝘈𝘯 𝘜𝘯𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬𝘢𝘣𝘭𝘦 𝘍𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘗𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘌𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯: 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘉𝘶𝘴𝘺 𝘍𝘦𝘸 𝘞𝘦𝘦𝘬𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘢 𝘗𝘢𝘳𝘬 𝘗𝘳𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘢𝘥𝘦

______________________

Lady Whistledown's
SOCIETY PAPERS

The frenzy of competition. The thrilling delight of hazarding your all. I am referring not to the lure of London's luxurious gaming halls but to a gamble with far higher stakes.

Matrimony.

For once that particular wager is placed, it cannot easily be undone. A fact which, I am sure, is met with both regret and sheer relief.

______________________

I stood beside Prudence and watch with a smile as a small circle of young debutatne's surround her, each of them hoping to find out more about the seemingly out-of-nowhere match and the impending wedding.

"Now, there shall be 12 courses, and I shall sing between each one," Prudence announces, looking around at the group with a smile.

Prudence lets out a shriek of laughter as she puts her hand out for the other ladies to see. She pulls her hand back towards her, obviously protective of the ring, when one lady tries to touch it. "Mm. Don't touch. You can look at it."

"It is a rather beautiful ring, Prudence," I say, looking at the pretty ruby ring that now sat on her finger curtesy of Lord Featherington.

Prudence hums in agreement, pulling her hand back to right in front of her face as she moved it around in the sunlight. "It is rather sparkly."

I chuckle and bid her farewell before continuing down the pathway, stopping every few steps to greet someone else.

______________________

I share another giggle with Hyacinth as she continues to whisper to me the prank she was planning against Gregory.

"I am looking forward to seeing it in person, Hyacinth," I say, sitting back in my seat and sending her a warm smile.

"You shall be the first person I tell when it happens," Hyacinth promises.

Across the room, Anthony stood in front of a mirror adjusting and fiddling with this wedding coat, talking with the tailor who nods his head and takes the coat from Anthony, and leaving the room, no doubt rushing off to his workplace to add all the necessary adjustments that were being critically called out by the groom to be.