[2.7.22]

𝘚𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯: 𝘛𝘸𝘰
𝘌𝘱𝘪𝘴𝘰𝘥𝘦 𝘚𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯: 𝘏𝘢𝘳𝘮𝘰𝘯𝘺
𝘗𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘛𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺-𝘛𝘸𝘰: 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘉𝘳𝘪𝘥𝘨𝘦𝘳𝘵𝘰𝘯 𝘉𝘢𝘭𝘭

𝘚𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯: 𝘛𝘸𝘰 𝘌𝘱𝘪𝘴𝘰𝘥𝘦 𝘚𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯: 𝘏𝘢𝘳𝘮𝘰𝘯𝘺𝘗𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘛𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺-𝘛𝘸𝘰: 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘉𝘳𝘪𝘥𝘨𝘦𝘳𝘵𝘰𝘯 𝘉𝘢𝘭𝘭

______________________

Lady Whistledown's
SOCIETY PAPERS

What is it about betrayal that excites us so?

The Ton itself has clearly felt its peculiar kind of frenzy after the promise of the wedding to end all weddings was broken. Yet this author has it on very good authority that the Viscount's failed nuptials may not be the only betrayal our dear Bridgertons must manage at present.

______________________

"Frederick," I sighed as I looked at him from the doorway to the office. "We said that we would be in attendance."

Frederick doesn't bother to look up from his papers as he blindly reaches toward his pen, scribbling something down onto one of the sheets and setting it aside. "Correction, darling, you said you would attend... and I don't believe it a wise choice. The Bridgerton's and Sharma's are already... well the Ton is far more critical of them now since everything has happened with Anthony and Miss Edwina. I don't want you to be caught in the crossfire of everything."

"Well, you and I are married, darling, so when I agree that actually means we both agree," I retort, pushing off from the doorframe and walking over to him, resting my hands on his shoulders as I looked over the seemingly endless mound of papers.

He lets out a strained chuckle as he looks up at me, pressing a quick kiss to my hand before looking back to the papers. "I would if I could, darling, but I need to deal with this issue... it seems as though someone has been siphoning some money from our accounts. The amounts are small enough that I normally wouldn't have noticed, but I was having to figure out funds for the season- filling the coffers at the modiste and things."

I hum as I look over the papers, not truly understanding much of what was written on them. "Perhaps my father could help?"

Frederick looks offended at the very thought, scoffing and shaking his head. "Darling, thank you for offering, but I don't really want to involve your father- my father-in-law, in our money troubles."

"He wouldn't mind, you know," I say, sitting on the corner of the desk and looking at him, "he's been all but fiddling his thumbs at the summer house. With Henry slowly taking over the family business and subsequently the accounts, he's been taking a seat back and trying to enjoy life. Mother says he's completely bored."