[1.1.2]

𝘚𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯: 𝘖𝘯𝘦
𝘌𝘱𝘪𝘴𝘰𝘥𝘦 𝘖𝘯𝘦: 𝘋𝘪𝘢𝘮𝘰𝘯𝘥 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘍𝘪𝘳𝘴𝘵 𝘞𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳
𝘗𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘖𝘯𝘦: 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘋𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘊𝘰𝘶𝘴𝘪𝘯

𝘚𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯: 𝘖𝘯𝘦 𝘌𝘱𝘪𝘴𝘰𝘥𝘦 𝘖𝘯𝘦: 𝘋𝘪𝘢𝘮𝘰𝘯𝘥 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘍𝘪𝘳𝘴𝘵 𝘞𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘗𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘖𝘯𝘦: 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘋𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘊𝘰𝘶𝘴𝘪𝘯

______________________

Lady Whistledown's
SOCIETY PAPERS

It has been said that, 'Of all bitches dead or alive, a scribbling woman is the most canine.'
If that should be true, then this author would like to show you her teeth.

My name is Lady Whistledown.

You do not know me, and rest assured, you never shall. But be forewarned, dear reader, I certainly know you.

______________________

"Oh, Cressida, I'm sure that your presentation wasn't nearly as terrible as you say!" I sit down next to her on the couch and offer her the best smile I could. "I mean, at least you didn't collapse at the Queen's feet!"

"She didn't even acknowledge me, Flore!" Cressida cried, "she called you 'beautiful' and Daphne 'flawless'... but she didn't even so much as glance in my direction!"

"Oh, I'm sure that's not true!" I reach over and grab her hands, pulling them away from her face. "You are just as beautiful and flawless as me and Daphne, if not more so. You just have to believe it for yourself! I mean, how is anyone supposed to believe what you are saying if you don't even recognize it to be true!"

Cressida sniffles, wiping away her tears and nodding her head.

"Renny?" Mother walks in with Lady Cowper and offers me a smile. "We should get going..."

"Wha-" Cressida looks from me to my mother, then to hers in confusion. "Where are you going?"

"Mama accepted an invitation from the Featherington's for tea..." I say, sighing before leaning in and I lower my voice so that only Cressida can hear what I have to say next. "Apparently that means that I also must go along..."

Cressida stifled a giggle behind her hand and waves me off. "Go on then... have fun! You must tell me everything the next time we see each other."

"Of course!" I rise from my spot and walk towards mother, stopping to say goodbye to Lady Cowper as I pass.

"Lady Cowper... always a pleasure to see you."

Lady Cowper nods and waves us goodbye before moving to sit at the table, a copy of the most recent Whistledown in her hand.

______________________