[2.1.1]

𝘚𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯: 𝘛𝘸𝘰
𝘌𝘱𝘪𝘴𝘰𝘥𝘦 𝘖𝘯𝘦: 𝘊𝘢𝘱𝘪𝘵𝘢𝘭 𝘙 𝘙𝘢𝘬𝘦
𝘗𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘖𝘯𝘦: 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘚𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘛𝘩𝘦 1814 𝘚𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯

𝘚𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯: 𝘛𝘸𝘰 𝘌𝘱𝘪𝘴𝘰𝘥𝘦 𝘖𝘯𝘦: 𝘊𝘢𝘱𝘪𝘵𝘢𝘭 𝘙 𝘙𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘗𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘖𝘯𝘦: 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘚𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘛𝘩𝘦 1814 𝘚𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯

______________________

"Are you sure that we packed everything?" I peer over Frederick's shoulder and gaze at the list.

"I am certain," Frederick says, offering me a reassuring smile. "If we do- for whatever reason- forget something, then Mrs Clipton would be more than happy to send it over for us."

"Of course, Your Graces," Mrs Clipton says, nodding her head and offering us both a small smile.

Mrs Clipton and I had become somewhat friends over the months that we had spent together at Frederick's country home. After a rather rocky first few weeks, we had both settled whatever differences we had held and were quickly learning how to adapt to each other's particular tastes.

After that, the weeks quickly turned into months, which quickly led to the end of the summer. Much to both Frederick's and I's displeasure. The carriages were prepared and our journey back to London was soon approaching, a fact which neither of us was particularly happy with admitting.

"At least you shall be able to see Anthony and I shall be able to see Daphne and Cressida... I have missed them. Oh, and there is so much to catch up on since I had last seen them!" I gush, smiling over towards Frederick as we both step into the carriage and settle in for the long journey back towards London.

"I am happy that you are so excited, darling," Frederick says, glancing out of the window and looking longingly towards the Harding Summer Manor.

"We shall be back," I assure him quietly, "we both find too much joy here to leave forever."

"That we do... far too many memories wrapped up in the halls for us to forget anytime soon, too," Frederick says, winking at me and laughing as I feel my face heat up.

"Frederick!"

______________________

We had arrived back in London a few days ago and the 1814 season was already beginning. The presentation of all the debutantes for the year was happening in just a few hours and we were meant to be in the carriage and on the way towards the Palace, but we- like normal- were running a bit behind schedule.

"Frederick! Are you ready, yet?" I look up the staircase and let out a huff when I hear nothing in return. "FREDERICK!"

Right on cue, Frederick rushes out of his office, straightening his coat and offering me a flash of a smile. "Here. I am here. Alright, shall we go, darling?"