[1.8.26]

𝘚𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯: 𝘖𝘯𝘦
𝘌𝘱𝘪𝘴𝘰𝘥𝘦 𝘌𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵: 𝘈𝘧𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘙𝘢𝘪𝘯
𝘗𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘛𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺-𝘚𝘪𝘹: 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘛𝘶𝘮𝘶𝘭𝘵𝘶𝘰𝘶𝘴 𝘌𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘛𝘩𝘦 1813 𝘚𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯

𝘚𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯: 𝘖𝘯𝘦 𝘌𝘱𝘪𝘴𝘰𝘥𝘦 𝘌𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵: 𝘈𝘧𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘙𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘗𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘛𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺-𝘚𝘪𝘹: 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘛𝘶𝘮𝘶𝘭𝘵𝘶𝘰𝘶𝘴 𝘌𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘛𝘩𝘦 1813 𝘚𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯

______________________

"There have been rumors," Mama said, taking a sip of her tea and looking over at me with wide eyes, "apparently Lord Featherington is dead!"

"Really?" I raise an eyebrow and glance over at Frederick, who continues to read his newspaper. "Frederick? Have you heard anything about this?"

"Oh, what? Oh, are you talking about the Featheringtons?" Fredericks asks, turning the page of the newspaper, "yes... I have heard that he has died... apparently, the Bow Street Runners were seen at the Featherington house a few nights ago... the night of the Hastington's ball, actually."

"Portia was at the ball alone," Mama mused.

"-apparently Lord Featherington won quite a win a few nights ago," Frederick said, turning yet another page of the paper and reading it over, "I heard from a few acquaintances that he was out... celebrating until he... well, disappeared."

"I suppose that horrible habit of his finally caught up to him," mama muttered, sighing before taking another stop of her tea and looking out of the window, "who do you suppose will be the new Baron Featherington now that he's gone? I mean, he and Portia didn't have any sons..."

"I don't know... perhaps a cousin?" I muse, "or... a nephew? Did Lord Featherington even have siblings?"

Frederick glances over at me and shrugs mysteriously, "I have no idea..."

"I suppose we'll have to wait and see," I mutter, sighing and leaning back on the couch. "With everything that has happened this season, I cannot see how next season could ever top it... I mean, death, lies, and a rushed marriage- and that is not even mentioning everything that Lady Whistledown has reported on!"

"Well," Frederick looks over at me and grins playfully, "luckily for us, we didn't have a thing to worry about... no scandal or secret for her to try and use against us."

"This season was... well, who knows what the next will bring us," I whisper, letting my head fall back against the top of the couch and closing my eyes. "I do hope that we are able to get through it unscathed..."

"We shall just have to wait and see, darling."

______________________