[1.2.9]

𝘚𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯: 𝘖𝘯𝘦
𝘌𝘱𝘪𝘴𝘰𝘥𝘦 𝘛𝘸𝘰: 𝘚𝘩𝘰𝘤𝘬 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘋𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵
𝘗𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘕𝘪𝘯𝘦: 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘎𝘢𝘳𝘥𝘦𝘯 𝘗𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘺

𝘚𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯: 𝘖𝘯𝘦 𝘌𝘱𝘪𝘴𝘰𝘥𝘦 𝘛𝘸𝘰: 𝘚𝘩𝘰𝘤𝘬 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘋𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘗𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘕𝘪𝘯𝘦: 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘎𝘢𝘳𝘥𝘦𝘯 𝘗𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘺

______________________

Lady Whistledown's
SOCIETY PAPERS

This author has often thought the heart a most curious of instruments, heeding neither reason nor rank. For what possible explanation might Miss Bridgerton have for entertaining the suit of a mere Baron when she seems to have secured a Duke?

Could the debutante's mind not be the only thing amiss?

Let it be known, dear reader, that if this bizarre behavior protends yet another scandal, then be sure that I shall uncover it, for there is nothing like an excursion into nature to lift the spirits and loosen the tongue.

______________________

"Did you hear?" Cressida asked, walking alongside me on the grass with a mischievous smile appearing on her face. "I hear she may be courting with bumbling Berbrooke. Quite a good match for her. I rather think."

I offer her a small chuckle and roll my eyes, "Cress... I do not think anyone with half a brain would actually be courting with Lord Berbrooke, he is an absolute rat!"

Cressida hums and looks over at Daphne with her well-known sneer.

I glance back at her and send her an apologetic smile before being pulled forwards by Cressida who eagerly points out to me one of her suitors.

"I suppose he does look rather nice..." I murmur, looking the man over with a critical eye.

"Not only that, but he has a sizable portion of land in the countryside and is heir to his father's title..." Cressida playfully swooned as she looked at me, "is that not the perfect man!"

"He does sound like someone from one's dream," I agree, "oh, I must go and see Prudence and Philippa... but I will certainly see you again before the day is done!"

Cressida sighs and rolls her eyes, "I do not know why you even bother to go see them... they are... tasteless."

"Mama likes to gossip with Lady Featherington, and oftentimes she drags me along so I have gotten acquainted with their elder sisters," I explain, "they are... okay."

Cressida sighs once more before shooing me away and sending me a smile, "I shall see you later then!"

"Of course!"