⓿➋: High School Never Ends

The Sunday before the day Rory was supposed to start Chilton, Lorelai and Rory sat on the front porch.

Lorelai was painting Rory's toenails red, while Delilah brought out a sundae, which was whipped cream-less.

"Where's the – why do I even bother asking?" asked Delilah right as Rory squirted whipped cream in her mouth.

"That's nice," Lorelai said sarcastically.

"Give me that, you pig," Delilah said, taking the can from Rory.

"Did you make your Sunday sundae?" asked Rory as Delilah squirted some whipped cream on her ice-cream and passed the can back to Rory.

"Yes," said Delilah.

"It's cold and you're eating ice-cream?" asked Lorelai.

"Hot fudge, Mom," said Delilah. "It's delicious. Why are you painting Rory's nails?"

"It's because she's starting private school tomorrow," replied Lorelai.

"Yeah, but I'm going to wear shoes and nobody's going to see my feet," replied Rory.

"Okay, but everybody knows that private school girls are bad, and bad girls always wear red nail polish," said Lorelai. She pointedly looked at Delilah's red middle fingers.

"Samantha wears red nail polish," Delilah pointed out.

"I wouldn't classify Samantha as a bad girl," said Rory.

"Have you seen the black-eye she gave Avery Thompson?" Delilah asked.

"She gave that to him?" asked Rory in shock.

Delilah nodded, feeling pride for Samantha, "Yeah."

There was a lull in conversation.

"Rory, are you nervous?" asked Lorelai.

"About what?" asked Rory.

"You know, going to Chilton," Delilah said.

"That and going to a different school than Lila," said Lorelai.

"Well, I wasn't until I heard about all those bad girls," replied Rory.

"Don't worry," said Delilah. "If anyone gives you a hard time, tell me and Samantha, and we can do something about them for you." She poked Rory on the head.

Lane ran up holding a CD, "Guys, guys! New CD – XTC, Apple Venus Volume 2." She ran past them and into the house.

"Oh, woo," said Lorelai standing up. "Nails done!" She followed after Lane.

"But you only finished half my toes!" Rory called.

"Lila can finish them if she wants! You're gonna be wearing shoes anyway!" Lorelai called out.

"Lila?" asked Rory sweetly.

Delilah handed Rory the bowl and took over Lorelai's spot to finish painting Rory's toenails.