⓿➌: Smite Me, O' Mighty Smiter

Friday night dinners with her grandparents were still boring, Delilah thought. She would've brought Samantha and Matt with her, but it was a family thing. Her mother had made her put on a dress. She wore a lacy black dress with black lace sleeves. She even put on a silver head band in her hair. She wore a fake pearl necklace and fake pearl bracelet to go with her new red, multiple layer fake rhinestone bracelet. Rory jokingly called it Delilah, Samantha, and Matt's couples' bracelets.

The upside was that the cassoulet was perfect.

"Dinner was lovely, Emily," Richard told Emily.

"Mira does make a perfect cassoulet," replied Emily.

"Who's Mira?" asked Lorelai.

"Our cook," replied Emily.

"Wasn't Heidi your cook?" asked Delilah.

"Oh, no, we let Heidi go months ago," replied Emily. "She had a problem closing things – the door, the refrigerator—"

"The liquor bottle," added Richard.

"Then it was Trina, then Sophia," Emily said.

"Oh, I liked Sophia," Richard cutin.

"You did not," replied Emily.

"I didn't?" asked Richard.

"She was one who sang," Emily said.

"That's right," replied Richard, "Terrible woman."

"And after Sophia we had Anton," said Emily.

"That's right," said Richard. "Anton was the one that I liked."

"I'm sorry, Dad," replied Lorelai. "How do you mix up Anton and Sophia?"

"What do you mean?" asked Richard.

"Well, one is a man and one is a woman," replied Lorelai.

"And your point being?" asked Richard.

"That one is a man and one is a woman," replied Lorelai.

"I have a lot to do in a day, Lorelai," replied Richard. "I don't have time to keep up with a multitude of people that your mother employs."

"But one is a man and one is a woman," replied Lorelai.

"Who cares?" replied Delilah. "There's a person in my school that says on some days, they feel like a boy and some days they feel like a girl. So they wear a dress when they feel like a girl, and wear jeans on days that they feel like a boy."

"Oh, I know who you're talking about," replied Rory. "They were in my chemistry class."

Mira walked in with a cake.

"The dinner was so wonderful, Mira," Lorelai said.

"It's Sarah," replied not-Mira.

"Oh, I'm sorry," replied Lorelai. Sarah left. "Mom! Her name is Sarah!"

"I thought she said Mira," Emily said.

Lorelai groaned.

"Hey, Grandma, these plates are really pretty," Rory said, trying to stop an argument that might break out over the wrong name.

"Thank you, Rory," replied Emily. "They were your great-grandmother's."

"Lorelai the first," said Richard.

"Wasn't Mom the first?" asked Delilah.

"Not in the name," said Emily.

"No, but in so many other things I was a regular trailblazer," said Lorelai. "Just finishing your thought, Mom."