⓿➋: Tacky Hammers

Delilah was watching The Lost Boys while Rory read a book, when they heard Lorelai yell, "Rory! Lila!"

Rory yelled, "Living room!"

Delilah rubbed the ear that Rory yelled into.

"Sorry," Rory told her.

Lorelai came down the stairs wearing a newspaper veil on her head, "I need your advice on something." She stopped in front of Delilah and Rory, and asked, "What do you two think?"

"I can't make a paper boat, so I'm impressed with the paper veil," Delilah told her.

"Huh," Rory replied, looking at the veil intensely.

Lorelai asked, "Not good?"

"I'm not sure," Rory said. "Have you tried the Arts and Leisure section?"

"I need you to be serious," Lorelai said.

"Hard to be serious when you have newspaper on your head," Delilah pointed out.

"I agree," Rory said. "Why do you want us to be serious?"

"I am trying to figure out veil lengths here," Lorelai told them.

"Oh," Delilah replied.

"See, I kind of like this shoulder length kind of semi-poofy thing like this," Lorelai stated, gesturing.

Rory hummed in agreement, still looking at the newspaper.

"But there's also a longer one that might be interesting," Lorelai continued explaining.

"Longer, sure," Rory said, staring at the veil.

"And then there's the full-on Diana," Lorelai added.

"Rest in peace, Diana," Delilah muttered.

"Right, right," Rory said.

Delilah looked at her, realizing that Rory was actually reading an article on the newspaper.

"Which is nice, but it just might be a little..." Lorelai continued. She realized something and looked at Rory, who wasn't paying attention, because she was reading the newspaper. She accused, "You're reading me."

"Wait, don't move," Rory said, touching newspaper to continue reading the article that had gotten her attention.

"Rory, stop it," Lorelai told her.

"This Putin arms race thing is really getting crazy," Rory stated.

"I am trying to have a serious conversation about the most important fashion decision of my life," Lorelai stated.

"I think the Princess Diana length veil doesn't suit you," Delilah told her. "This short one looks pretty good, but how long is the longer one?"

"Thank you," Lorelai said. "At least someone is taking the most important fashion decision of my life seriously."

Rory asked, "Why don't you go to a wedding dress place and try a real veil on?"

"No way," Lorelai replied.

"Why?" asked Rory.

"Too much taffeta, it gives me cotillion flashbacks," Lorelai told them.

"Okay, fine," Rory replied. "Could you bend over so I can see what the weather's going to be like tomorrow?"

Lorelai sat on the coffee table, "Actually, I went in one of those places yesterday."