➊➏: If Parting is Such Sweet Sorrow...

"It's kind of weird how this town goes all out when celebrating something," Elijah told Delilah. They were decorating for the Firelight Festival.

"Stars Hollow loves to celebrate," Delilah said. "We do Bid-On-a-Basket too."

"What's that?" asked Elijah.

"It's a fundraiser when you make a basket that has food in it and whoever bids the most on that basket, gets to go on a date with you," Delilah explained.

"Don't forget the Movie Festival," said Fran.

"Ugh, I'll pass," Marjorie said.

"What's wrong with it?" asked Elijah.

"We watch the Yearling every. Year," Delilah said. "It sucks. I mean watching the movie every year. The movie is pretty good."

"Good to know," Elijah said.

It seemed like some kind of love-bug hit everyone

It seemed like some kind of love-bug hit everyone. Delilah had walked past four different couples making out as she went to Lane. She said, "Quick question, who sang Smoke on the Water?" She passed Lane a strawberry muffin.

Lane took a bite out of the muffin as she thought it over, "Deep Purple."

"And who sang Jumpin' Jack Flash?" Delilah asked.

"The Rolling Stones, why?" asked Lane.

"My dad could play the opening licks on guitar and I wanted to know which band played these songs so I can listen to them to see how much I should be impressed by it," Delilah told her.

Lane looked like she was thinking about it. "It depends really."

"I think I'll be more impressed if he can play a Slipknot song," Delilah said.

"Gross," Lane said.

Delilah was confused, "What do you mean by that?"

Lane turned Delilah to the side so she can see a couple getting really handsy with each other. Delilah averted her gaze, "Yeah. Ew."

"I'm glad you, Samantha, and Matt are PDA friendly," Lane said.

"Yeah," Delilah nodded.

"I kind of wish I had a boyfriend to make out with," Lane admitted.

Delilah looked around, trying to avoid looking at the handsy couple, "You want me to find you someone?"

"Well, since my mom let me out of the house after a while, I think I'll avoid dating for right now," Lane said.

"How's your dad?" Delilah asked.

"Out on another business trip," Lane said. "I swear, it's like he has another family somewhere and that's why he's always gone."

Delilah nodded, "I know the feeling with my dad sometimes. And Matt knows the feeling as well. Except, his mother was the one who had another kid stashed somewhere."