➊➊: Paris is on Fire

"L?" asked Rory.

"L-laryngitis," said Lorelai. "M?"

"Mumps," said Rory. "N?"

"Narcolepsy!" said Lorelai. "O?"

"Are we going to have to go through this every time we decided who cleans out the refrigerator?" asked Rory.

"I'd rather do thumb wrestling," said Delilah.

"Yeah, do you want to go back to thumb wrestling with Lila?" asked Lorelai.

"No," said Rory, "Osteoporosis. P?"

"Puppies!" Lorelai said with a gasp and ran down the street.

"That's not a disease," said Rory.

"Oh, no," muttered Delilah.

"Yeah," said Rory. They ran after Lorelai.

They finally caught up to her in front of a cage.

"Rory, Lila, look at the baby!" Lorelai said.

"Mom," said Rory.

"Remember Skippy?" asked Delilah.

She was still made about the whole Skippy the hamster fiasco. Skippy seemed to like her, but hated Lorelai. Maybe it was because Lorelai stuffed scented Kleenex in the cage and Delilah had to clean the cage.

"Aw, Buttercup was found cold and wet, hovering under a hydrangea bush along highway 26. It's a sad highway," Lorelai said, reading the display card on the cage.

"As compared to all the other happy highways she could've been abandoned by?" asked Rory.

Delilah had to tilt her head to look at Buttercap, who was giving them sad eyes. She pitied the dog, but she really wasn't much of a dog person to be honest. She'll love and take care of it, but she just wasn't a dog person.

Lorelai read, "Her lineage includes cocker spaniel, golden retriever, bouvier des flandres—"

"Gesundheit," said Rory.

"Thank you," said Lorelai. "And rottweiler."

Rory started reading from a sign, "Buttercup is a special dog. She's extremely skiddish and tends to react badly towards blonde-haired females—"

"Sucks for Samantha," said Delilah.

Rory continued, "Brunet males—"

"Sucks for Matt," Delilah added.

Rory continued, "Children of either sex, other animals, red clothing—"

"Sucks for me," Delilah said.

"Cabbage or anyone in a uniform," Rory finished reading.

"Poor thing," said Delilah. "Does that include a suit or school uniform?"

Luke walked up, because he was a party-pooper, apparently.

"Hey, we just found the doggy version of you," Lorelai said.

"Can I help you?" asked the man, who probably was running the dog fair.

"Do not let these three anywhere near a dog," said Luke. "They can barely feed themselves."

"Shut up, you! We'd be excellent pet owners, thank you," said Lorelai.

"You cannot be serious," said Rory.

"I think I'm good pet owner," said Delilah offended. Her mother on the other hand...not so much.

"We could get him a pretty bowl..." Lorelai said.