⓿➎: The Fun in Funeral

It was on a Friday morning when Delilah made pumpkin muffins for her friends, which she had in the oven, and started making banana bread for her friends for later, when Rory came into the kitchen.

"I know they're your friends, but why do you make them food?" asked Rory.

"They're my friends and I love making them food," Delilah said. "I love taking care of them. I love them."

"Lila, just answer me this. You don't have to right away, but...do you love them or are you in love with them?" asked Rory. Delilah wasn't sure anymore. Rory patted her on the shoulder, "Just think about it, okay?"

She nodded. It was just...she didn't even know anymore.

Rory and Lorelai left to go to Chilton.

Delilah fiddled with her thumbs.

She loved her friends...she loved how they smiled at her like she did something right, she loved how they took care of each other, she loved how they propped each other up when one was feeling down, she loved them...

But was she in love with them?

Sure she had those strange feelings that she tried to stomp down, but she had to look at her feelings for them later, because right now, she had to focus on something else.

Delilah stayed behind to hang out with her friends to make up for the whole skipping school to take Rory's test for her.

So, they joined Delilah at her home. Samantha had brought wine with her and Matthew brought Beetlejuice, the Heathers, and Edward Scissorhands.

"What's up with the Winona Ryder movies?" asked Samantha.

"I think he has a celebrity crush on her," Delilah joked.

"Who can blame him?" replied Samantha. "She is hot."

Delilah had to admit that. "Kind of like Britney Spears."

"Britney Spears is really hot, but kind of gross," Matt said.

"True," Delilah admitted.

"I can't stand her," Samantha said. "She's annoying, but yeah, attractive but kind of gross."