➊⓿: Forgive and Forget

It was time for the annual Christmas pageant preparations. Lorelai and Samantha had to adjust some of the dresses that were really old since the dresses where worn during the first pageants, so it left Delilah to work at Weston's Bakery, because she really wasn't interested in the pageant. Rory and Lorelai still were arguing and it was giving her some anxiety, especially since she wasn't sure who was in the right or wrong.

"I need your opinion on something, Eli," Delilah said to Elijah.

"What is it?" asked Elijah.

Delilah explained the argument Rory and Lorelai had after her grandmother left. It had been a shock to Elijah when he found that Lorelai had been sixteen when she got pregnant, but it did explain to him why Lorelai looked young though.

Elijah looked like he was thinking, passing Delilah some holiday decoration.

"Okay, so I know all about that first kiss thing, so I'll assume that because she found out from someone else instead of her own daughter, I think a bit of trust chipped with Rory. I mean, you told your mother about the threesome you had with Matt and Samantha, right when you got home, so I think she trusts you a bit more there," Elijah explained. "She's known Matt and Samantha for a few years, so she trusts them way more than Dean. It's highly different with you. If you're not with Samantha, you're with Matt. If you're not with Samantha, you're with Matt. God knows where Dean will take Rory. You're on birth control and she's not. It's highly different with you because she trusts Matt to not get you or Samantha pregnant."

"But nothing happened between Dean and Rory," Delilah said.

"Yes, but its parental fear," Elijah said. "Sometimes emotions override logic. My mom would go out of her mind with worry that I'm dead in a ditch somewhere, if I was ten minutes late getting home. Realistically, she knows your sister didn't do anything, but stress from her mother who criticizes every single thing she does, and worry for where Rory might be will override logic."

She guessed that made sense and it made her feel a little better. "Thanks, Eli."

"No problem," replied Elijah. "Glad to help."

She went to talk to Matt about it, while she shopped for Christmas gifts, because she wanted his opinion on the argument and to get a gift for Samantha

"I think Elijah is right," said Matt. "Trust me, having a mother who picks at something that you've done 'til you're on the ground crying and begging for forgiveness is the most stressful thing ever. No wonder your mother freaked out like that."

"Yeah," Delilah said. "That's what Elijah said."

"He's a brother-figure to you, isn't he?" asked Matt.

"I guess," Delilah muttered. "He's a good person to talk to because he doesn't really know them that well so he's not that biased"

"I get it," replied Matt. "Sometimes it's better getting an outside perspective."