⓿➌: Just Dance

Delilah was heading to the bakery when she realized that Lorelai and Rory were following her. "What are you guys doing?"

"Coming with you to work," Lorelai said. "Instead of 'Bring Your Kids to Work' Day, think of it as 'Bring Your Mom & Sister to Work' Day."

Delilah asked, "What are you guys really planning?"

"We just want to taste test wedding cakes," Rory said.

"Sookie's making one for free and I do not approve because you're just taking advantage of Fran's kindness, since you're not going to buy any cakes from there," Delilah pointed out. "I don't like it."

"Don't be so grumpy," Lorelai told her. "Besides, I might even change my mind."

Delilah laughed at that. "Yeah, you'll change your mind when pigs fly."

Needless to say, Lorelai and Rory ended up eating cakes at the bar counter in the bakery, while Fran was happy to bring out cakes for them.

Lorelai said, "Oh my god, here!"

"Wow," Rory replied.

Lorelai said, "With a crunch and a zing a hmm hmm hmm, hello!"

Rory said, "Okay, our house is burning down, and you can save the cake or me and Lila. What do you choose?"

"Well that's not fair," Lorelai said. "The cake doesn't have legs."

Fran came from the back, "So, how are we coming here?"

"Oh, Fran, so good," said Lorelai. "This cake is amazing."

"Beyond amazing," Rory added.

"Well, I should hope so. We've been doing this for about one-hundred-twelve years," Fran said.

"Huh, well, you don't look a day over a hundred-and-six," Lorelai told her.

"Mom," Delilah said, bringing a cake out.

"I meant my family's been doing it for that long," Fran said.

"Right, okay, well, I'm glad we got that cleared up," Lorelai stated.

Rory tried the raspberry cake and started flailing. "The raspberry, the raspberry, the raspberry!"

Fran asked, "So, when is the big day again?"

"Two weeks from tomorrow," Lorelai said.

Fran asked, "Have you picked a flavor?"

"Oh, I don't know," Lorelai said. "They're all so good."

Delilah knew that was code for, 'Sorry, I have Sookie making it for me for free.' So, she was irritated with the whole situation. Eli was cringing every time Delilah looked at him. He didn't like it any better than she did.

"Well, you have to try them again," Fran continued saying.

"Oh, no," Lorelai said in a false 'I can't, but I really do' voice. "I've already eaten so many."

"This is a very crucial decision, young lady. Cake is the glue of the wedding, so you will stand here and eat until you decide," Fran told them.

"Okay, if you insist," Lorelai said.

"I do," Fran said. "After all, what's more important than your wedding day?"

"Well, it ain't Guy Fawkes Day," Lorelai quipped.

"Yeah, well, I'll just go and see if there's anything else in the back," Fran stated, leaving.