➊➌: Be Careful With College Creeps

The door to the bakery opened and Fran walked in the kitchen.

"Eli, it's your turn to use the cash register," Fran stated to the man.

Delilah was confused, "Why?"

"I can't stand Matt's mother," Fran said. "I hate the way she treats that poor boy. By the way, Lila, it's your turn to stock the display case."

Delilah took a tray of food and went to stock the display case.

The woman, Vanessa, seemed to smile at Delilah, "Hi, Delilah.

"Hi, Ms. Moor," Delilah muttered. It felt gross on how Ms. Moor could just go around being nice to everyone but her own son.

Elijah went to the cash register, but he seemed to freeze in his spot.

Delilah looked at her co-worker and her boyfriend's mother, who was staring in shock at Elijah.

Vanessa stared at the other man, "Elijah?"

Elijah's eyes were wide, "Mom?"

It honestly couldn't be true.

The door opened and Matt walked in. His good mood sort of went away when he saw his mother, but he became confused when he noticed the awkwardness.

"Mom, what's going on?" Matt asked.

"Oh, my god," Delilah said. This was like something out of a soap opera; like when a secret sibling just randomly crops up to add spice to a story-line.

Vanessa looked like a deer-in-headlights.

Matt looked confused and a little agitated, "What's going on?"

Delilah forced a smile, "Yes, Ms. Moor. What is going on?"

Vanessa looked between Elijah and Matt, then at the door. She heaved a sigh and forced a smile, "Matt, dear—" Matt cringed at the word, "—I should've told you a long time ago." She motioned to Elijah, who seemed pale. "This young man here, Elijah, is your half-brother. He was from a previous relationship."

Matt looked at his mother, then at Elijah, before turning and leaving.

Delilah didn't blame him. If this situation happened to her, she would say, 'Screw this, I'm out of here' too.

 If this situation happened to her, she would say, 'Screw this, I'm out of here' too

When Delilah walked in the house, Rory and Lane were sorting through clothes.

"Hey, where's Mom?" Delilah asked Rory.

"She's somewhere upstairs," Rory said. She picked up something purple. "A big furry purple thing that could be either: a hat, a toilet paper cover, or some kind of dirty hand puppet."

"Mystery box on the left," Lane said.

Rory put the furry thing in the mystery box.

Luke walked in, with two bags. He greeted, "Hey."