➊➎: The Return of Christopher

After getting home, Christopher had gone to take a shower and change, while Lorelai had ordered Chinese food and chose to watch Rory make a bed for Christopher with Delilah.

"He looks good, don't you think?" Rory asked.

"He looks good," Lorelai agreed.

"I like his hair shorter," Rory stated, grabbing a pink blanket to put on the couch.

"Short is nice," Lorelai said, nodding.

"Do you think he'll stay long?" asked Rory.

"Wouldn't bet a lot of money on it," Lorelai stated.

"Not really," Delilah said. She was growing frustrated over how optimistic Rory was every time Christopher came to visit. He'll stay for a day or two, maybe three if he was being generous, before leaving again.

"Maybe we can get him to stay for a couple of weeks," Rory said.

Delilah laughed, because she was used to Christopher's visits and she dreaded them every single time. She knew how Rory got every time their dad visited and Delilah was never hopeful on him staying a week. Maybe when she was younger, but she was older now. A few weeks? Rory was going to get blinded by looking at the bright side.

"Lila's right," Lorelai said. "We'd have to weigh him down with blankets."

"I just want him to be comfortable," Rory replied.

"He's going to come and go as he please, babe, you know that," Lorelai said.

"Yeah, I know," said Rory.

"And no amount of bedding is going to change that," Lorelai said.

"Yeah, but he's never been to Stars Hollow before," said Rory, putting another blanket down. Their dad always visited Hartford with the Gilmores, so he never really visited Stars Hollow.

"Don't give him credit for that," Delilah said.

"Well that means something's got to be different, right?" Rory said.

Delilah didn't believe that. There was a reason that her dad was here. There was an angle at play here.

"Why don't you just enjoy the time you've got, okay?" Lorelai asked Rory. She knew Delilah's bitterness towards Christopher, so the question was more directed at Rory, who always got upset every single time Christopher left.

Rory stayed silent before saying, "Yeah, okay. I still something's different, though."

Delilah kind of agreed. There was a reason why Christopher showed up.

"That is the worst shower I have ever had," Christopher stated walking down the stairs. He wore dark gray basketball shorts, a light gray shirt, and had Delilah's red towel around his neck. She decided that she'll get a new towel tomorrow. "Water pressure keeps changing every two seconds. I'm fixing it tomorrow."

"Hey, you stay away from my shower," Lorelai said.

"We ordered Chinese food. It should be here any minute," Rory said.

"Good, I'm starving," Christopher said.

Lorelai took a mug of coffee, "Here." She went to hand it to him.

"Hey, how's Diane?" asked Rory.

"Uh, Diane is ancient history," Christopher replied.

"When Lila and I met her at Easter, you said she could be the one," Rory said.