3. The True Heir

Big Boss began to laugh loudly as if he was losing his mind. Bright punched his father in the face to stop him from laughing. "How could you think that you being proud of me would matter to me anymore?!" Bright yelled before he walked away to then kick the wall out of frustration. Big Boss chuckled and asked, "Aren't you the least bit curious where your brother Podd is?" Bright turned around and punched his father again causing a tooth to fly out of his mouth. Max grabbed Bright before he continued to beat on Big Boss.

Big Boss spits out the blood gathered in his mouth before he began to laugh again. "Don't you know that I always have a backup?!" Big Boss yelled before he continued to laugh again. Bright then pushed Max away from him before the other guards could come to help Max hold back Bright, he put his hand up and began to fix his suit. Max knew at that point, Bright was calm again. Max gave the order for the guards to move back. Bright then said, "Oh, I know all about your backup. Don't worry, you will not leave this room tonight or ever!"

Big Boss looked into Bright's eyes and then smiled before he said, "It took me so long to finally break you but it was worth it. Because if you think that by killing me that all of your problems are over, well...son, you are sorely mistaken. I have successfully created another me!" Bright rolled his eyes and checked his phone. Big Boss then continued by saying, "The minute you kill me, Podd and Benny will die too." Bright looked up from his phone to then start to laugh and it caused Max to be concerned.

Bright then turned his phone around to show his dad his screen where he was having a conversation with Krist

Bright then turned his phone around to show his dad his screen where he was having a conversation with Krist. "You see! No one is loyal to you! They are loyal to money! That is all you taught me, father!" Bright yelled before he continued laughing. Max grabbed Bright's phone to read a text from Krist that said: We have Podd and Benny is with Earth. Earth and the kids are with Mew and Gulf. We will wait for you.

Max then asked, "Boss, this means that we are ready. How would you like to go about this?" Bright then grabbed his phone and saw a few missed calls from Nanon and Mew. Bright looked up and said, "He needs to pay. Death would be too kind." Bright walked out of the room and called Nanon. When he answered, Bright asked him to meet him at his office. Nanon and Ohm agreed before they headed that way. Then Bright called Mew and explained what he decided to do with Big Boss. "Bright, I am glad you didn't kill your dad or worse. You are taking your first step to be your own man and not your dad." Mew said. Bright agreed and disconnected the call.

When Ohm and Nanon arrived at Bright's office, they saw Big Boss sitting on a chair in front of Bright's desk. He looked knocked out. Nanon took in the scene and noticed the red room door was closed. Ohm began to put handcuffs on Big Boss before Nanon asked, "There's a lot of blood on your father's clothing. You wanna explain what happened?" Bright smiled and said, "I don't know. We found him that way."

Ohm looked at Nanon and gave him a look that said he didn't believe anything Bright just said. Nanon rolled his eyes in agreement before asking, "And where is it that you found him?" Bright stood up and walked to the front of his desk before leaning on it. "My father made one mistake in his grand escape plan. He contracted one of our lawyers that is loyal to me to give him a new identity before he faked his own death. I don't know who's body your men picked up as supposedly my father but it's not him." Bright explained.