9. The Missing Link

TopTap is now sitting on the couch next to Khao. Gun hands him a mug of tea before she sits across from them next to Off. Joss remained standing but beside TopTap. "I have called the detectives and they are on their way here." Off explained. Khao nodded in agreement before he asked TopTap, "Are you sure you want to make your statement now? Why don't you get some rest first?" Gun also looked worried because TopTap looked fragile. He looked like he was in hiding without access to his own money. As if he had been starving for some time. TopTap grabbed Khao's hands and smiled at Khao before shaking his head in disagreement.

 TopTap grabbed Khao's hands and smiled at Khao before shaking his head in disagreement

"When I found him, he refused to see me. He thought I was there on behalf of BigBoss. That's why I was gone for so long. It took me some time to find him but what took the longest was gaining his trust as I chased him down all over the country. I blame myself. If he wouldn't have been afraid of me, he wouldn't have spent the little money he had trying to run from me." Joss explained. TopTap let out a tear before he said, "It wasn't your fault. I was being a coward." TopTap then turned towards Khao before he continued by saying, "Please forgive me Khao for leaving you here alone to deal with Dad and Podd?!"

Khao was shocked by what TopTap said before TopTap pulled his hands away from Khao and began to sob in his hands. Khao rubbed TopTap's back before he said, "Don't blame yourself! I was the one who agreed to...Just don't blame yourself! It's not your fault!" The doorbell rang and Off got up to go answer the door. When he opened it, he was shocked to find that it wasn't the detectives! It was Bright and Win! "Bright?!" Off exclaimed. Bright just passed by Off and walked quickly to TopTap who was already standing as soon as he heard Bright's name. Bright began to cry at the sight of TopTap's fragile condition.

Bright ran to TopTap and hugged both TopTap and Khao who had stood up when he saw Bright enter the room

Bright ran to TopTap and hugged both TopTap and Khao who had stood up when he saw Bright enter the room. Off and Win were now standing next to Gun who was crying. An hour later, the detectives got the statement they needed from TopTap and it was almost one in the morning. Off, Bright, Ohm, and Joss were all in the living room talking about the case. TopTap, Khao, Win, and Gun were all in Khao's room. TopTap was sitting on the bed and Khao was busy looking for clothes in his closet for TopTap to wear. Gun was helping in finding something for TopTap to wear as pajamas tonight.