8. Mutually Beneficial

Krist let out a nervous chuckle from Bright's outburst which made Bright zero in on him before giving him a warning look. Singto stood in front of Krist before he returned the warning look to Bright. Mew walked over to stand by Bright before he asked, "Bright. Calm down. Let's at least give them a chance to explain. They have provided us with a lot of evidence. Will you do this for me? Will you please sit back down?" Bright wouldn't remove his eyes off of Singto and Singto wouldn't break the death stare he was giving Bright. Khao then turned to look at Bright before he said, "Bright...It's okay. Let's see what they have to say. Okay?"

Bright then finally looked away to look at Khao and said, "Okay. But, you are sitting next to me." Khao nodded in agreement before he walked over to the other side of the table to sit next to Bright. The lawyer, Ja, then looked back at Singto who now looked like he was ready to burn the whole place down. Ja then said, "Singto, please have a seat." Singto looked at the Lawyer and with a controlled angry tone and said, "We will. However, if we are disrespected again, we will leave."

Ja nodded in agreement before he pointed toward the seats with both of his hands

Ja nodded in agreement before he pointed toward the seats with both of his hands. Singto placed his hand on Krist's lower back as he guided him to a seat before he himself sat down. Ja then sat in between Singto and Earth. "I asked both Krist and Singto to join us today because they are willing to work with us to-" Ja began saying before he was interrupted by Bright's outburst saying, "At what cost?!" Singto looked up at Bright with a warning look again before he yelled, "You seem to have forgotten how your father operates!"

Both Singto and Bright stood up before Singto continued by saying, "He threatened my wife, my family, his family, and even threatened to discredit us if we ever went to the police. We only did what we did to survive! You of all people know that better than anyone! Should I tell these good people what you have done? What role you have played?!" Bright rolled his eyes before Khao reached up to grab Bright's arm to then pull him back down. Bright sat down but Singto kept staring at him until they heard Krist sobbing.

Singto sat back down to hug Krist. Ja then said, "They came to me for help. They are willing to turn in all of the files they accumulated over the time they have worked for Big Boss in exchange for immunity." Khao looked at Bright who looked like he was trying to compose himself. Khao then looked at Krist who seemed to be really crying. Khao realized at that moment that anyone who was involved with Big Boss or Podd were victims too. "Singto? What did Big Boss or Podd do to your wife?" Khao asked. Singto looked over at Khao before he looked back at Krist. He finished wiping Krists tears before Singto then said in a very broken tone, "Big Boss terrorized us. At first, we thought we were signing a contract for a legitimate opportunity but soon we found out that this was not the case."

Singto began to explain how Big Boss threatened them constantly and even when they stood up to him or Podd, they would suffer grave consequences. After some time, Singto began accepting bribes under the table to help them save enough money to disappear but Podd found out about this. Podd got so angry that when Singto left on a job, Podd found Krist and beat him so badly that Krist ended up in a coma for three weeks. This is when Singto decided to look for an opportunity to just run away. Once Kristo was completely healed is when Khao escaped. "I am doing this because Podd deserves worse than jail!" Singto exclaimed. Bright looked up at Singto and said, "If my father did bad things to you...Well, you can probably imagine how much worse he's done to his own sons. It's why TopTap has disappeared."