6. The Secrets

"Tell me exactly what happened." Nanon said in a calming tone of voice as he sat next to Khao. Off had come home once Gun called him and told him what happened. Khao was sitting next to Gun holding hands with swollen eyes because he has been crying until Nanon and Ohm arrived. Off called Nanon after he hung up the call with Gun. They both arrived at Off's home at the same time but Nanon and Ohm had been questioning the guards at the front gate for some time before Off arrived. Khao looked at Gun before Gun nodded at him encouraging him to tell the truth.

Khao turned to look at Nanon and Ohm who was standing next to Nanon before he said, "I had decided to take a nap for four hours. I set an alarm for five hours just in case I overslept. It was a little hot in my room so I closed the curtains to block the sun and removed my shirt. Then, I lay down in bed and it took me about an hour to fall asleep. My son was already with the nanny having fun and it gave me a sense of peace I needed to rest. It felt like only minutes had gone by before I heard the alarm on my phone." Khao begins to tremble. Gun hugs him and Off scoots forward to the edge of his seat before he asks, "Do you need a break?"

 Gun hugs him and Off scoots forward to the edge of his seat before he asks, "Do you need a break?"

Khao looks up with tears in his eyes to see Off is sitting across from him with a look of concern. Khao knows how much this is hurting Off. He has told Off many times that this is not his fault but Off doesn't seem to agree. "No. I need to get this out. He trespassed your home and violated the restraining order. He needs to go back to jail." Khao said with a tone of anger in his voice. Ohm then sat on the coffee table in front of Khao and said, "I did check your room and I found the bedroom window lock is broken. I believe that is how he entered the home." Off nodded in agreement.

"We will get that fixed." Gun said as he stared at Off. Ohm turned to face Off before he said, "I have a friend of mine that works in security. I could give him a call and he can help you make this home more secure." Off looked at Ohm before nodding in agreement. Ohm stood up and pulled a card from his wallet before giving it to Off. Ohm then sat back down and said, "We also got approved to put a protective detail at your home. There will be a police vehicle with two officers parked out front from now on."

Gun smiled a forced smile before she said, "Thank you, detectives. That does make me feel better." Gun then looked at Off with a look of frustration. Off sat up straight and said, "Yes, thank you for all of your help so far. We truly appreciate it." Nanon nodded in agreement before he turned back to Khao and asked, "Are you ready to continue?" Khao tightened his grip on Gun's hands before he said, "Yes. I am ready." Nanon picked up his notepad again and his pencil before Khao told them what else happened. Once he was done the room was silent. Khao looked at Off and noticed he looked upset. "What's wrong?" Khao asked Off.

 "What's wrong?" Khao asked Off