7. Truth Hurts

Off decides to meet with Mew at the hospital the next morning. He did not tell Khao about this new Omega that Mew just discovered because he was already overwhelmed with so much. He left Gun and Khao under the care of Khao's father. Off arrived at Mew's hospital to find that Mew was in his office. Once Off was escorted to Mew's office and he took a seat on the couches in front of Mew's desk is when Mew hands him a folder. Off opens this folder to find pictures taken by the coroner of the Omegas body full of bruises and cuts. "Podd's appetite has gotten worse. By those pictures, you can tell he was kind to Khao." Mew said.

Off closed the folder before he sat it down on the coffee table. "I haven't told Gulf. He is just now getting back to a regular schedule." Mew said. Off stood up and began to pace the room. "Mew, did detective Nanon tell you that Podd used your code to enter my house to get to Khao yesterday?" Off asked. Mew looked surprised and stood up before asking, "What?! Podd got into your home?!" Off nodded in agreement before he began to explain everything that happened yesterday. When Off was done, they both sat back down.

"I am starting to wonder if we should let Bright do what he does best

"I am starting to wonder if we should let Bright do what he does best." Off said quietly. Mew looked up at Off before he said in a demanding tone, "No. We can't let this scare us. Podd needs to pay for what he's done to his family. He needs to be in prison!" Off began to cry before Mew sat next to him and said, "Don't worry. None of this is your fault. No one thinks that! Your brother has been influenced by a demented criminal who has been successfully placed behind bars. His favorite son-in-law will be joining him soon."

Off wiped his tears before he said, "I know but do you know how I felt thinking that my family was safe to then find out that....that monster made it into my home and almost killed Khao?!" Mew patted him on his back before he said, "I can only imagine but it doesn't mean that we stoop down to their level." Off agreed before he asked, "How did you find this Omega?" Mew then stood up and walked back to his desk before he grabbed some papers from his desk. He walked back to Off and handed him some papers with a long log of patients on them.

"Ever since we found Khao, I had this gut feeling that Khao wasn't Podd's only victim. A man with this kind of thirst would need to satisfy his thirst often if not daily. He couldn't do that with just Khao and since Earth said that Podd only hurt him once, I knew there had to be another victim or others. So, I began my search. I finally found out about an Omega who was found in the woods by a hunter. He was brought to a local hospital but they couldn't do much there to treat the severity of the wounds. When I spoke with the nurse there, the wounds were the same as Khao's but worse. I offered to use our helicopter to pick this Omega up under our Omega Protection Act." Mew began to explain as Off reviewed the logs.

"Once I brought him here, he died within a few hours from an infection that made its way to his heart. The previous hospital did confirm that he was pregnant. I had them send me the Omega's medical file. Early this morning the coroner tested the fetus's blood and it confirmed Podd as the father of that child. When I got the medical file this morning, inside of this file was a statement taken by a nurse when the Omega was awake. The nurse said that the patient was in a lot of pain but all they kept saying was my home burned down." Mew said. Off looked up at Mew with a shocked look on his face.