5. The Monster

It's been a month since Podd has been arrested and Big Boss's trial had just come to an end with a judgment of prison for life. The judge sent Big Boss to jail for the murder of two ex-wives. Joss was very detrimental in this case. He was able to bring in the most proof to the detectives. However, he went missing the day of the trial. Bright has been looking for Joss ever since his father's court case was closed. He has had no luck in finding Joss.

Khao has been staying with his father and Benny for two weeks now. Khao only stayed at the hospital for about a week before he finally was moved to Mew and Gulf's home. Gulf took care of Khao and Benny while Khao went to his court appearances for the custody of Benny. Off was awarded temporary custody of Benny due to Podd being in jail waiting for his court date. Off agreed to leave Benny with Khao. Once Khao recovered fully, he moved in with his dad and Benny. These past few weeks, Khao has been searching for a place of his own that would keep him and his son safe from Podd

 These past few weeks, Khao has been searching for a place of his own that would keep him and his son safe from Podd

Khao knew that there could be a chance that Podd would not go to jail and that scared him. He hasn't found a place where he felt safe enough to live in so he decided to wait until the custody hearing determined the custody of his son before he would move anywhere. His father hired more security guards to help Khao feel safe. Khao spent most of his time with Benny or with the lawyers. He also set up play dates with Gulf and Earth's kids. Khao was trying to do anything to feel like the past was only a nightmare.

Anytime Khao would go anywhere, he was with a minimum of two guards. His therapist would come over to his father's house for their sessions and Khao would only leave the home if it was absolutely necessary. Gulf came over for Benny's birthday gathering first and Earth was on his way, so he decided to talk to Khao about getting out more often as his therapist suggested. Once the kids were playing in the backyard, Gulf sits down on the bench on the back porch before Khao does too.

"Khao, how are you feeling? All healed?" Gulf asked

"Khao, how are you feeling? All healed?" Gulf asked. Khao was staring at Benny as he responded, "Yes. I am starting to get back to feeling like myself again." Gulf smiled and then looked at the kids before asking, "How is Benny adjusting?" Khao smiled and looked at Gulf which caused Gulf to look at Khao before he responded, "He really is good. I love every minute I get with him. My father has started to come home early on Fridays to be with him too." Gulf smiled and grabbed Khao's hand before he asked, "Have you been sleeping well?" Khao removed his hand out of Gulf's hand before he turned back to face the kids and stopped smiling.