Chapter Twenty Six

[] Hey y'all! I'm making an imagine/one shot book based off of this one! Go check it out :3 I am also thinking about making an OUAT Peter Pan fanfic *wink wink* ~ E []

The next few days, Thomas never left Jays side. He wouldn't eat. Wouldn't sleep. Not until she woke up. They had caught faint traces of a pulse that came and faded away, making the deduction of her condition a coma due to her blood loss.

Minho entered the somber atmosphere and sat next to Thomas. "She might not wake up you know..." He remarked softly. Thomas only nodded. "Then I'll be here." Minho let out an exasperated sigh. "We have to focus on getting out of here Thomas! We still have to find where that beeping thing leads and Gally wants to banish you because he thinks it's all your fault!" Minho yelled in frustration.

He was fed up with Thomas' moping. Thomas only shrugged. "We'll go when Jay wakes up." He had a stoic expression, his eyes dead of their usual sparkle.

Newt and Alecks entered the scene quietly. Seeing Jay comatose on that bed made his heart snap in two. Somewhere inside him, he still loved her. But he didn't want to tell Alecks.

It wasn't easy to stop loving someone after three years. No matter who it was or who they were with.

"I'll go." Newt spoke up with courage filtering into his voice. He wanted to get them all out of the maze. For Jay's sake. What if there was help out there? More advanced medicinal procedures?

"Not by yourself you're not." Alecks intervened as Newt started to walk outside. She followed closely behind, the worry clear on her face. "Yes I am. I'll be fine. You stay here and watch Jay with Thomas."

Even though Jay was not a threat to her relationship with Newt, Alecks was jealous of her. Newt and Jay were really close. They still were but not as much as before because of Thomas' and Alecks' arrival.

"No. I want to go with you. Please." Alecks pleaded and a soft sigh escaped Newt. "No Alecks." He responded stonily, irritated that she wouldn't listen to him.

Alecks let out an annoyed groan. "Newt! Stop babying me! I can go!" They were almost a few feet away from the maze doors when Newt suddenly whirled around, causing Alecks to bump into his solid chest.

"Fine! But don't say I didn't warn you." He growled and turned on his heel to walk into the maze. He had quite a temper on him even though he was unnaturally calm the majority of the time.

Alecks was happy because of her victory but still felt upset because of Newt's anger. "Newt..." She whispered softly but cut herself off. She sighed and shook her head, following him into the maze.

Newt looked at the cylindrical object and followed wherever direction the beeping grew loudest.

~Glade~

Gally came into the medjack tent. "Alright Thomas. Time to go." Most of the boys agreed that Thomas should be left in the open for the Griever's. Thomas frowned and held onto Jay tightly.

"Sic im'." Gally growled lowly. Immediately, two of the bulkier builders appeared from behind Gally and grabbed Thomas. One of them punched Thomas, sending his world into darkness.

Thomas woke up hours later in the little jail that they had. He looked around frantically.

Had to get to Jay...

Had to get to Jay...

~Maze~

Newt and Alecks finally reached a gaping hole in section seven amid the giant iron plates that looked a lot like doors. "This might be an exit." He smiled widely, looking over at Alecks. Her smile mirrored his own.

But the happiness didn't last for long. The section was starting to close. Newt swore loudly and bolted through the door-like plates. Alecks was lagging far behind and was running parallel to a closing section.

"Jump!" Newt yelled, looking over at her from the safe side of the plates. She jumped and landed into Newt's arms.

After setting her down, they both bolted away towards the maze doors soundlessly.

Hand in hand.

~Glade~

Newt and Alecks arrived to see Gally rallying the Gladers. A few people, who happened to be Thomas' friends or allies, where standing to the side of the fray.

"Gally's gone mad.." The group whispered and it wasn't until Newt and Alecks saw Thomas in the jail that they were truly alarmed. They made it to the jail quickly, bending down to Thomas' level.

"What's going on?" Chuck had joined them a short while after, looking bewildered and confused.

"No time to explain." Thomas' voice was hard and cold.

And then he continued. "But I have a plan."