Thirty Three

The time is near! The next chapter will probably be the epilogue but I need a bit of filler first. Let's just say that the second book will have a lot of plot twists and feels that will leave you crying.
No ragrets😂- A
Also, there is a contest! Check the bottom A/N for more info
~
Thomas held Jay close as the helicopter started its descent to an open space where people could be seen milling around with weapons. It seemed to be a hidden compound of sorts.

There was sand everywhere. Dunes and dunes of it. Thomas and Jay were startled from their sleep when someone tugged on them harshly. "Let's go!" Minho shouted, Jay rubbing her eyes.

They both jumped out of the helicopter just as a horrid screeching sounded over the dunes and shapes began to tumble down the sandy hills. The armed men took action, starting to shoot while others ushered the group towards the compound.

Jay halted for a fraction of a second. "Thomas...What if this place isn't safe? What if.." Thomas took her hand and tilted her chin up so she'd look at him. "Listen to me. I'm going to protect you. Okay? I'm never letting you out of my sight." She held onto his shirt, tuning out everything around them.

"Promise?" She whispered softly and leaned her forehead against his. "I promise." He gave her a quick kiss before they ran to catch up to the others. The compound doors closed behind them with a loud clank.

Jay didn't like it. It was like the maze again, trapped with monsters they didn't know of yet. Thomas noticed her unsteadiness and wrapped an arm around her. "We'll be okay." He whispered into her ear.

A man emerged from around a corner with a bright smile. "Hello, all. My name is Janson. Welcome to your new home. Wicked won't ever reach you here." He led the group to the inner sections of the compound, explaining their purpose as he walked.

"There are others. But first we test you for immunity." He turned to face them with a sly grin. Jay looked up at Thomas and he squeezed her waist assuringly.

Something didn't seem right. This didn't seem right. And Jay was going to find out what the shuck was going on before any of them got hurt or killed.

~
AHHHH! SO EXCIIITEEEEED! Comment if you want some #tay action in the epilogue😂

I will post the sequel and then a separate A/N whenever the sequel is up!

Contest : I am thinking of doing a cover contest for the next book, The Scorch Victims. THANK YOU lovelyboneswriterxX -also a friend irl- FOR THE IDEA!
I will give credit for the cover! The deadline is Sept 23! If I don't get any by then, I shall make my own. Message me your covers and good luck!

TST WAS AMAZING BTDUBS😍

-A