Chapter Two

Thomas was looking around as Newt showed him the ropes of the Glade. "Over there," Newt explains, pointing to a group of boys, "Are our Slicers. They take care of dicing up the animals to give them to Frypan so he'll cook them." Thomas nodded and glanced around.

Supposedly, they were having some sort of celebration or so he thought. His eyes landed on the black haired and green eyed girl standing across the fire with a lean chinese looking boy. "Who are those two?" Thomas asked, not taking his eyes off the pair. "Ah. That's Jay and Minho. Minho is the lead runner and Jay is the leader along with Alby."

The answer only made him even more curious. "What uh...group is she in?.." He asked hesitantly, making the blonde boy chuckle. "Curiosity killed the cat you know. But, if it's that 'important', she's a runner. They are the group that goes out into the maze everyday."

"Now," Newt continues, "We only have a couple rules here. One, always do your part. Two, never hurt another Glader. Finally, never go outside these walls." Thomas was puzzled by the last statement, about to ask why until he was cut off by a british sounding voice.

Jay had walked up to them, looking at the two. "I see you're showing the Greenie around, Newt?" She nods towards Thomas, her gaze lingering a while. Newt chuckles, "Yup. Full of questions, this one." Thomas stayed silent through the conversation, occasionally glancing at the girl. "Well Greenie, the name's Jay. As I said before, welcome to the Glade."

Thomas couldn't understand why he felt so drawn to her, like he had met her before all of this madness. But he was desperate to find out.

[] Hey y'all! I'm so sorry for the wait! My phone is all wonky so updates will be kind of slow 3: []