Chapter Twenty Two

[] A lil edit from our IG page @officialthemazerunnerspage []

Thomas and leaned back and shook his head. "Woah woah woah, what are you doing.. I'm with Jay.. I can't." Thomas shook his head again and Aleks frowned slightly "But-"

Suddenly, Jay came out from behind a tree.She had left the infirmary to see Thomas. "Thomas?...." Her voice cracked slightly at his name. She hadn't seen him back up from Aleks.

"No Jay I wasn't going to-" He was cut off by Jay. "Save it." She started to walk away, her head down. Thomas ran after her as Aleks watched. She sighed and put her hands in her pockets as she walked away.

Thomas ran in front of Jay. "Jay please... It's not what it looks like." Jay scowled murderously. "Oh it's exactly what it looks like! You were going to kiss Aleks!!" She turned away from him and Thomas turned to face her.

"Please..Believe me....She was trying to kiss me. I pulled away before she got the chance to!" Thomas explained, sadness in his eyes.

"It's true...." Aleks whispered, appearing before them. "He pulled away from me and that's when you showed up.... I'm sorry.." Aleks gave them an apologetic look. "Truce?" Jay pursed her lips and nodded, holding out her hand.

"Truce." They shook hands and Thomas and Jay enveloped themselves in a hug. Aleks walked back towards the Glade. "Got turned away too huh?" A voice echoes.

She whirled around to face Newt and looked down. "Yeah.... I'm guessing you liked Jay?" Newt sighed and nodded. "I loved her... but I guess if you love things.. You'll have to let them go.." He says softly and leans against a tree, playing with an apple.

She walked over and sat next to him. "Guess we have something in common?" She chuckled lightly, trying to shed some humor on the situation. He smiled weakly and nodded. "I guess we do..."

NEXT MORNING

Jay woke up next to Thomas in their hammock. She yawns and sits up. He was just starting to wake up as he rubs his eyes groggily. "Morning beautiful." She smiled and giggled. "Morning handsome."

Thomas sat up and kissed her cheek. "C'mon. We have to go look at the thing we found in a Griever." As they walk towards the map room, they see Aleks and Newt walking together.

They were laughing and looking like they were having an overall good time. Does this mean that Aleks will leave them alone? Or has she found someone new?