Chapter Thirty Two

DON'T MISS THE SHORT A/N AT THE END
~
Jay felt a slight pain in her side but she frowned when she heard another body thump to the ground. "What.."

Thomas grabbed her face, kissing her desperately. "Don't ever try to pull that again!" He said, his eyes wide and terrified.

"Who got hit?.." Jay turned around and gasped softly at the sight before her. Alecks laying on the floor in a pool of her own blood. Thomas held Jay close. The bullet had only grazed her side.

"She saved your life, baby..." He murmured softly and held her tightly. Newt cried over Alecks' body. "Come back to me! Don't go!" Sure they were never really lovers, but Alecks was his best friend.

"I-I'm sorry...I'm sorry.." She whispered softly, looking up at the three. Her gaze shifted over to Newt. "Protect her...And find someone you'll truly love.." Her eyes flicked over to Jay and Thomas. "Grow old together...Have children...Be happy...." She whispered.

And with one last raspy breath, her eyes started to close and the movement of her chest started to slow down.

Shouts sounded out as a large panel opened, revealing guards with big guns. Thomas picked a struggling Jay up.

"Thomas! Let me go!" She had to accept her apology. Jay was just like that. She couldn't have Alecks dying before she did something. She broke free from his arms and ran to Alecks just as two guards grabbed his arms.

"JAY! COME BACK!" He shouted, his eyes widening as they started to drag him away. "JAY!"

Jay knelt by a dying Alecks and took her bloodied hands. "I forgive you.. It's going to be okay..." Alecks looked up and smiled weakly. "Is...Is it okay if we're friends?..."

"Best friends.." Jay sniffled and closed Alecks' eyes as her chest halted. Thomas broke free from the guards, swooping Jay into his arms. "Don't scare me like that.." He whispered and leaned his forehead against hers.

The guards returned and dragged Thomas outside with Jay to a helicopter. Everyone squinted at the bright sun, their eyes catching the landscape around them.

Sand. Sand everywhere. Collapsed buildings and ruins.
They were thrown roughly into a helicopter. Thomas looked around at the survivors. Around ten or so. "We survived..." Minho whispered as the helicopter rose in the sky.

Thomas held Jay closer and pressed his lips to hers in a chaste kiss. "We survived.." He whispered, holding her close. "We survived." Jay answered with a shaky sigh.

But little did they know, it was only the beginning of their problems.

~

Heeey! Epilouge will come soon!

I'm thinking of the name of the second book. Comment below what you think it should be!

YESSS SCORCH TRIALS COMES OUT THE EIGHTEEENTH!

You know that one painful scene with Newt in the books? Get ready for me to make it worse 😈 MuAHAHA

Also, what should I call my followers? Comment below!

Vooote!
Follow!
Share!

Or Alecks will get you. And hug you.

Love you all❤️
-A