Epilogue

"Now, it's time to get rid of that smell."

That was the last thing Janson said before they were shoved into bathrooms. Jay could practically hear the boys whooping from the other showers. She stripped and stepped into the hot water with a content sigh.

She leaned a palm against the wall, watching dirt and blood fall from her body and into the drain.

Thomas snuck out of the boy's showers and headed towards where he saw Jay go in. He took a deep breath, biting his lip. "Jay? Babe, can I come in?" She was probably done with her shower.

Jay didn't hesitate in answering. "Yeah. Come in." She didn't have anything to hide. Looking over at Thomas when he came in, she bit her own lip. Thomas sucked in a sharp breath.

"What are you waiting for Greenie?" She smiled slightly, watching as he didn't bother hiding his wandering eyes. "Join me?" He took off his shirt, exposing his lean torso.

It didn't take long for him to be completely bare. He stepped in behind her and kissed across her shoulder. "I love you."

Jay leaned her head back against his shoulder with a smile. "I love you too, Greenie." She turned around and their lips met in a flurry of passion. They were never truly alone anywhere. Now it was just the pair with the sound of running water to mask them.

He wrapped her legs around her waist, backing her up against the shower walls.

And the rest, as you say, is history.

After the showers, they all met up in a white room with fresh new clothes. The two had a different glow about them. It made Newt envious. He knew what had happened. But if the other Gladers did, they didn't comment on it.

Jay stiffened at the sight of Janson- or now dubbed Ratman - when he walked into the room. "Now that you're all washed and clothed, the tests."

This was only the beginning.

~
WOOH! CHAPTER AND EPILOGUE IN ONE NIGHT YAS!
-A