Chapter Twenty

Sorry this is a short chapter. It's a filler chapter 3:~E

Thomas held Jay as the Grievers grew closer. They sighed in relief as it started to move away. Jay clutched onto Thomas as he kept trying to soothe her. They both stayed quiet to remain from attracting any attention.

Jay was starting to pale and Thomas tightened his shirt on her. "Thomas.... If I don't make it through this... I love you.." She whispered as his face fell. "No no no. We are both making it. Stay with me, sweetheart."

The Griever slowly turned towards them and Thomas picked Jay up in case he had to run. The Griever let out a loud roar and charged them. Thomas ran out, Jay in his arms. The Grievers all roared and followed them as their metal legs clanked on the ground.

It continued this way. Hiding. Running. Then hiding again. Finally, the Grievers disappeared and the door opened. Jay was barely alive, holding onto the final shreds of life. As Thomas stepped through the door with Jay in his arms, Winston yelled. "Get her to the infirmary!! Now!!!"

They all rushed to the infirmary as Aleks watched from the bushes. She scowled and retreated into the foliage, trying to come up with something.

Jay was not going to get away with this.