Sixteen

Renjun sighed as he woke up hearing his parents arguing in the other room. He looked over at his clock to check the time.

'4:56am. Just great.' He thought to himself. He pulled the covers from off of him and sat up letting his legs dangle at the edge of the bed.

'Why do they have to argue so early in the morning.' He got up off his bed and made his way into his bathroom turning on the light in the process, he stood in front of the mirror and stared at his reflection.

"I look terrifying..." He mumbled to himself. He had; dark bags under his eyes, his eyes were red, and he had tear stains on his face.

He stopped looking in the mirror and turned on the shower putting it on the right temperature—which is putting it all the way on hot—then he got undressed and got in.

After he spent about 30 minutes in the shower he decided to get out. He turned off the shower and grabbed his towel that was hanging on the rack then wrapped it around his waist. He stepped out of the shower feeling the cool breeze brush against his skin making him shiver.

'Geez why is it so cold?' He thought as he left out of the bathroom and went back into his room. He went over to his closet going inside and grabbed some clothes, which was; a lime colored shirt, and black high-waisted cargo pants.

After he put on his clothes that he had picked out he heard his bedroom door being opened as if someone was coming inside. He quietly made his way out of his closet to see who just came inside, he saw his father sitting down on his bed with fist balled up so hard that his knuckles were turning white. Renjun went over and sat down next to his father.

"Dad... what's wrong?" Renjun asked as he rested his hand on his dad's shoulder.

His dad sighed then stopped balling his fist and turned to look at Renjun, "Your going to stay with your grandmother for awhile. I've already talked to her about it and she agreed." He told him.

"Oh, I was actually planning to go stay with her for awhile anyway, ever since you and mom started arguing I haven't really been able to get enough sleep." Renjun said.

"I'm sorry son."

"It's not your fault dad." Renjun said smiling,

His dad smiled back, "Start packing some of your clothes because after you get out of school you'll need to pack the rest so you can leave and I'll be taking you to school." His dad said as he stood up.

"Alright."

"Don't take to long your already five minutes late." Renjun nodded in response and his dad left out of his room leaving him to pack some of his clothes.

'It should only take about 15 minutes at most for maybe two suitcases of clothes.' He thought as he stood up off of his bed and went back inside his closet.

Just like he said, it only took 15 minutes for him to pack two suitcases worth of clothes(he's a fast packer, lol)so he put the two suitcases next to his bed and grabbed his backpack from by his door then left out of his room going downstairs immediately hearing his parents arguing like usual.

"Hey dad, I'm finished. Can you take me to school now." He said catching both of his parents attention.

"Yea, go start the car," His dad said and tossed Renjun the keys which he swiftly caught. "I'll be out in a minute."

Renjun nodded then turned around leaving out of the house and going over to his dad's car unlocking it and getting inside, he inserted the keys into it's rightful place then cranked up the car waiting for his father to come outside. He waited for a few minutes then seen his father come outside looking irritated, his father came over to the car and got inside putting his seatbelt on immediately.