Twenty-four

The next day came and Renjun was anything but happy. He had to listen to his parents argue-again-which is the last thing he'd wanna do after having such a rough day at school a few hours prior. He began walking down the hallway of the school, after just getting there only being greeted by the sight of Jeno and Jaemin smiling while holding hands as they walked past him like he was invisible.

He felt his heart shatter into pieces, 'They never needed me in the first place. What was the point." He thought as he continued down the hallway.

"Hyuck hey!" Renjun snapped his head over to where he heard his best friend's name only to see him smiling as Hajun ran over to him.

He felt tears build up at the edge of his eyes as he watched them hug then began walking down the hallway, 'It's all my fault..' He thought as a tear rolled down his face. 'Everything is my fault, why can't I just do better.'' He quickly wiped away the few tears that fell and turned down a hallway continuing to walk.

"Renjun!" The said boy groaned as he recognized the voice that called his name, he turned around to face Joonlim with an annoyed expression.

"What." He spat, not really in the mood for any of his bullshit today.

"I saw you wiping your face a few minutes ago then I saw turn down this hallway and I wanted to see if you were alright." Joonlim said.

"I'm fine now leave me alone." Renjun snarled before turning around to walk away.

Just before he was able to walk away Joonlim called out to him, "Wait!" Renjun turned back around.

"What the fuck could you possibly want?! I'm not in the mood for your bullshit today Joonlim." He grimaced.

Joonlim stood there in shock for a few seconds before finally speaking, "Are you still together with Jeno and Jaemin?" He asked.

Renjun pursed his lips into a thin line before answering. "Why do you want to know."

"Well, I don't want to start anything but I sort of seen Jaemin kiss Jihye earlier before he started walking with Jeno. I think they both might be secretly seeing her." He told him.

Renjun stared at him with an unreadable expression, "W-why.. why do you keep telling me this." He quietly asked.

Joonlim shrugged, "I mean it's right for me to tell you since they're doing shit behind your back, like kissing Jihye even though your supposed to be dating them." He explained.

Renjun looked down staring at the floor as felt tears began to build back up again at the edge of his eyes. "Y..your lying, you must be.."

"I'm not I swear, here look." Joonlim said then reached into his pocket and pulled out his phone handing it to him.

Renjun lifted his head up to see a phone in front of him, he reluctantly grabbed it then looked at it. Surely enough he saw a picture of Jaemin and Jihye kissing. He immediately handed Joonlim back the phone, not being able to even spare another glance at the picture or he'd break down.

Joonlim got his phone back and put it inside his pocket, "I'm sorry this is happening to you Renjun.." He apologized, sorrow laced in his voice.

Renjun looked up at him with glossy eyes as he showed him a small smile. "I-it's not your f-fault. It was going to happen.. sooner or later," He said. "T-thanks for letting me know but I-I should go, class is starting soon. See you around."

Joonlim returned the smile, "Yea, see you around." He said. Renjun showed him one last smile before turning on his heels and walking away as he tried to stop the tears from falling.