Twenty-one

Donghyuck walked down the hallway exhausted, he didn't even want to show up at school today but Renjun and Jisung convinced him to go but yet they were nowhere in sight, leaving him to walk alone.

He heaved out a sigh as he began to look around seeing people talking and laughing with their friends, while also seeing couples sharing kisses every now and then. He scrunched up his nose in disgust as he witnessed their pda.

Suddenly he felt someone sneak their arm around his waist making him flinch at the contact and the sudden surprise, he was about to harshly elbow the culprit in their side until he heard them speak.

"Hey sunshine." Knowing that the voice belonged to none other than Mark, he turned to look at the older.

"Oh, hey Mark." He replied with a smile.

"So why are you walking by yourself?" Mark asked as they continued walking down the hallway.

Donghyuck sighed as he remembered, "Because Renjun and Jisung are assholes for telling me to come to school but not even showing up themselves." He said. "How come your here so early anyway?"

Mark shrugged, "Jeno didn't come to school because he was too 'tired' so I ended up coming by myself and decided to come earlier than I'd usually do." He explained.

"Oh." Donghyuck said. He looked down at Mark's arm that was around his waist before turning to look at him with a smirk on his face.

Mark looked at him confused, and cocked an eyebrow, "Why are you looking at me like that?" He asked.

"So has this become a habit or something?" Mark stared at the younger confused until realizing he was talking about his arm that he had wrapped around his waist.

He immediately pulled his arm away, a faint blush dusting his cheeks as he awkwardly rubbed his nape while looking away from him, "Sorry about that.." He muttered loud enough for the younger to hear.

Donghyuck giggled at his reaction before shaking his head, "It's fine, I was actually enjoying your arm around me." He blurted out. Mark looked over at the younger, a smirk playing at his lips.

Donghyuck realized what he said and slapped a hand over his mouth and began to blush furiously, "Wait! That's n-not what I m-meant!!" He hurriedly said.

"So you don't like it when I put my arm around your waist?" Mark asked, clearly teasing the latter.

Donghyuck began to frantically wave his hands around, "No! I-I do— b-but!... It's just really embarrassing ok! And I don't want to admit it.." He stammered.

Mark chuckled, grabbing the younger by his waist and pulled him close to his chest. He then used one of his hands to softly lift up the younger's head to look at him.

"Don't feel embarrassed sunshine." He said. Donghyuck was too shy to maintain eye contact so he lowered his head and nodded.

Mark softly grabbed his chin and lifted his head again, getting a better view of his face. Mark felt his heartbeat speed up the more he stared at him.

He looked into his eyes before looking down at his lips, "Can I... kiss you?" He asked staring into his eyes.

"Please.." Donghyuck softly said. Mark began to lean forward and soon so did Donghyuck, they were merely centimeters away from feeling their lips coming in contact but before they could touch someone suddenly called Donghyuck's name causing both boys to become annoyed.

"Donghyuck!" They both looked around to find who had called his name, only seeing Yujun standing beside them with a scowl on his face.

Donghyuck rolled his eyes, "What do you want Yu-" Before he could finish someone came over and went to Yujun. Donghyuck noticed the person as Hajun.