Twenty-six

Renjun woke up to the sound of his alarm blaring throughout his room, he reached over and turned it off before sitting up in his bed. Suddenly a knock was heard at his bedroom door making him look over towards it.

He saw his grandmother coming inside with a warm smile on her face, she went over to him sitting down on his bed.

"Morning darling, did you get enough sleep?" She said. Renjun smiled and nodded, "That's great." She stared at him before bringing him into a hug.

"You know, I'm going to miss you." She said.

"I'm going to miss you as well grandma." He said.

"Have you told Haechan and Jisung that you were leaving today?" She asked as they pulled apart.

"No, I was going to." He answered as he rested his head onto her shoulder.

"You know they're going to miss you a lot. Especially Haechannie, he's going to break down into a crying fit."

Renjun sighed, "I know, I don't want to leave them but, I feel as its for the best." He said.

"Jun look at me," He did as he was told and looked over at her. "Do you really think this is for the best? Do you think leaving is really the best thing for you to do?"

He didn't answer. Of course he didn't think this was for the best, but he couldn't deal with his aching heart, he knew every time he'd see Jaemin or Jeno his heart would break all over again and he'd turn into a crying mess.

"Listen to me, I know you had a boyfriend—well boyfriends. I wasn't born yesterday, plus I don't have good ears for nothing. But I think it's best if you talk to them about everything before finally deciding to leave. I won't pressure you to talk to them because it's your choice but give them a chance to explain. There's always a reason behind every action," She said. "So promise me, before you finally decide to leave, talk to them so you three can sort everything out, ok?"

Renjun smiled and nodded, "I will." He said.

She smiled and kissed forehead, "Thank you. Now I'll let you get ready, breakfast is already done so come down when your finished." She said getting up.

"Grandma, is mom and dad here?" He asked.

"Unfortunately yes, I'm surprised their arguing didn't wake you up this time." She said.

"I was too tired from bawling my eyes out yesterday." He said.

"I'm glad you were able to get a good amount of sleep, but hurry and get ready before the food gets cold." She said.

"I will." She gave him one last smile before leaving out of his room, closing the door behind her.

Renjun sighed and laid back down onto the bed as he thought about his grandmother's words, 'Let's just hope I don't break down.' He thought as he got off of his bed and made his way into his bathroom.

After he got finished doing what he needed in the bathroom he left out and went into his closet choosing a simple hoodie and jeans, then put them on before going downstairs into the kitchen. He saw his mother and father sitting down at the table but they didn't say a word, they just kept quiet as they ate.

Renjun went over to the table and sat next to his grandmother, "Morning." He said catching both of their attentions.

"Morning. Did you sleep well?" His dad asked him with a warm smile.

Renjun nodded as he returned the smile, then he looked over at his mother who hadn't responded back to him.

"Morning mom." He said.