49

"What?" Namjoon questions, eyes wide as he stares over at their manager. "Are you sure you can't do better than that?"

The manager nods his head slowly, already waiting for the other man to begin speaking quickly and giving intellectual arguments against his decision.

"Sir-"

"It's out of my hands now." He states.

Namjoon's shoulders droop as he stares over at the man. Disbelief is written all over Namjoon's facial expressions. His eyebrows are furrowed in a confused expression. His lips are parted in a small 'o' shape and the corners of his mouth are turned downwards. His eyes are filled with slight tears as he stares over at the man.

He immediately blinks his tears away before speaking, his voice slightly shaking and coming out as unconfident as he speaks.

"Okay... if that's all you can do then I apologize for giving you a hard time." Namjoon states. "Thank you." He says quietly before turning around and making his way out of the meeting room.

He closes the door behind him before leaning against the door, hand now making its way towards his face as he closes his eyes. He begins massaging his thumb and index finger against the bridge of his nose as he thinks for a second.

How is he going to be able to tell this to the members?

"Namjoon!" Hoseok excitedly shouts as he makes his way towards where Namjoon is standing. Namjoon immediately puts his hand down away from his face.

"Uh oh..." he mumbles to himself as Hoseok approaches closer.

Namjoon puts on a fake smile as he sees Hoseok getting closer to him.

"Any news? Y/N has been asking me for the past few days. She misses us like crazy." Hoseok states. Namjoon inhales a deep breath before speaking.

"So, I asked him about it and he agreed to letting her come back-"

"Sweet!" Hoseok states while gently slapping the palm of his hand on Namjoon's shoulder.

"But there's an issue." Namjoon finishes. Hoseok freezes with his hand on Namjoon's shoulder before gripping onto his arm.

"What kind of issue?" he questions.

"We're going to be having another flight attendant with her... as a precaution."

"I don't know what the issue is with that. We had a few flights with that one rude girl before." Hoseok states.

"The issue is that the other flight attendant needs to room with Y/N and Y/N can't leave her room by herself." Hoseok furrows his eyebrows, starting to follow along but still unsure of how this is bad news. You will be protected after all.

"But that's what we wanted, right? For her to be back as our permanent flight attendant and for her to be safe."

"Yeah, but with a coworker around, you two can't be flirting. If she also can't leave her room by herself, you two can't even sneak around even if you wanted to." Hoseok's shoulders drop.

"So, the only time I can see her is when she's taking care of us on the plane... when most of us sleep the whole time anyway?" Namjoon nods.

"I tried negotiating so she can have at least a little alone time but it's going to still feel like long distance relationship for you two..." Namjoon says quietly, already scared of how upset Hoseok, the normally sunshiny personality, is going to react.