The Outskirts

"The names Hank J. Wimbleton. Welcome to Nevada..." he said. You stood there in fear as you were face to face with the most wanted man in Nevada. The "Killing Machine" is what he was dubbed in the news article you read at school. "You're Hank... the 'Killing Machine'?" you asked. Hank stared at you with those red blood goggles. "Yes. I'm Hank J. Wimbleton the 'killing machine'. My job is to rescue you, not kill you kid." he said. You sighed mentally as you were spared but... why did he save you. That thought was interrupted by Hank.

 "C'mon kid let's get going. We're not safe out here there are bandits out here. Get in the van." he said turning around and walking towards the twelve dead men. Hank looked at you while he was rummaging through the weapons on the ground and pointed toward the van. "Get in the van. Now." he stated bluntly. You slightly jumped at his harsh tone and you slowly made your way toward the van. You opened the door to the passenger side in front and you looked out from the mirror. You saw him rummaging as he then picked up a pistol and some sort of looking SMG. "Alright I'm loaded." he said as he stuffed the guns into his jacket. 

 Hank picked up the car keys off the ground and made his way toward the driver's side. He then opened the door and got into the van. Proceeding to put the keys in the ignition then the van started to rattle. Hank then put the van into full gear and slammed his foot into the gas pedal. You slightly jumped to him slamming his foot on the pedal. 

 The van started to accelerate as it rattled and shake. "Kid. This is going to be a long ride. The location I'm taking you to is safe. I'm going to drop you off with some people I work with." Hank said. "Why aren't you taking me home?!" you asked panicked. "The mission to take you to them. I always complete the mission." he said. "What mission?" you asked. Hank looked at you and handed you a piece of folded paper. You unfolded it and it read "Mission is to rescue (Y/N) (L/N) from a van full of A.A.H.W. units near the East side of the outskirts. After doing so bring them to Sanford and Deimos under any means possible."

 You looked at him confused while raising an eyebrow and looked back it again. That answered why he saved you but still it didn't answer your second one. Why couldn't he bring you home due to a written letter telling him not to do so. You just simply sighed and knew you weren't going to win in arguement with Wimbleton. You looked out the window and stared at the moon as you rested your head on the window.  

 The names Sanford and Deimos came back into thought then you look over at Hank. "Hank who are Sanford and Deimos?" you asked. Hank looked back at you and then back to the road. "One's a funny one and the other is a serious one. I was contracted to work with them. I was issued to bring them back to you." he responded. Well that didn't answer the question you asked about the two. You close your eyes and took a deep breath.

 Looking over at Hank you see him staring off into the barren landscape. You look at the direction he's looking you then look where he's looking. You see green little lights and silhouettes in the distance? "Kid buckle your seat." Hank said. "W-what?" you ask. "Buckle. Now." he said.  Hank picked up the speed as the van accerlarted past 60 mph! You buckle your seat belt and lean back into your chair. "Hank? What's happening?" you ask again. 

 As if out of nowhere a boulder drops on the road! The vans swerves as Hank turns the wheel towards... off a cliff. "What the hell is he doing?!" you think to your self. Is he trying to get you killed?! "HANK! STOP ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL US?!" you yelled at him. Hank didn't seem to listen as he kept driving towards the gaurd rail. "STOP! PLEASE! I DON'T WANT TO DIE!" you scream again at him. Then the van hits the guard rail and broke the railing as the van started to fall down the cliff. The pieces of the gaurd rail went with the van to.

 Freezing in fear your muscles locked. Hank then unbuckled the seat belt strapped to you. He then opened the door on your side and pushed you out of it! You screamed as you were in mid air and falling fast to the ground! Wimbleton jumped out of the van to and spread both arms out. The van hit the ground first and it shattered on impact to the ground. You then brace for the fall and the feeling of the ground hit suddenly as you rolled. You yelped as you kept rolling and came to a stop. The feeling of pain hit you hard as you felt your entire body begin to feel it. You look at Hank as he hit the ground.

 He fell onto his knees and arms then got up. He seemed to be... perfectly fine. He walked towards and you realize what the hell the has happened. "WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING!" you yelled at him. Hank just kept walking towards you and finally got to you. "I saved your life." he said as he knelt down. "Saved. SAVE ME!? YOU ALMOST KILLED ME!" you screamed in anger. "If I didn't go off that cliff we'd both die. The boulder would have killed us and the Bandits would be eating us." he said. You look at him with a surprised expression. 

 "Alright kid get up." he said. Hank grabbed your hand and lifted you on your feet. Nothing was broken luckily but you were bruised and had a cut on your right arm. It was hard to stand up and you used Hank as leverage. Hank then looked into the distance and turned towards something. You look and see silhouettes walking toward you. "Bandits. Kid hide somewhere." he said. "W-what?" you asked. "Hide now." he responded. You look around for a location to hide and you see a bush. You limped your way towards it and hid in it. 

The silhouettes finally approach and they seemed to be a group of disgruntled men. The group was wearing rags, brown torn-up clothes, and green eyewear visor-like things. "Look, boys! A new toy! This one seems good nough' to eat!" said one of the men in a Scottish-like accent. Hank took a pistol out of his jacket and a sword. "Git em'!" one of the men yelled. They all screamed in unison and charged toward Wimbleton with different weapons. Baseball bats, crowbars, pipes, screwdrivers, and literal garbage too. 

 Hank then pulled the pistol trigger and one of the men fell to the ground dead. Hank then charged at them with lightning speed and started to fight them. Hank sliced his was through the crowd and limbs were flying every where. Heads and other limbs flew everywhere. Hank then grabbed on of the men and slammed them to the ground. Then he stomped on their head and it made a sickening crunch as it exploded. It seemed he was having fun killing... all of these people.

 You were sick to watch the carnage that was happening in front of you and almost threw up. You tried to pry your eyes away but couldn't. Hank snapped one of their necks and even used a served head as a weapon! In a blink of a eye all of the men were dead and Hank stood there like he was admiring the work he just did. "I'll ave you!" Then out of nowhere a hand grabbed you by the back of the shirt and you yelped in the process. One of the men grabbed you looked at him. "Boy you sure look tasty! I'll ave to skin and cook you!" he said. Your (eye colored) eyes widened as he then began to drag you. Just then a bullet went through their skull and he fell to the ground. Hank shot him and he then walked towards you. "Holy crap. You just killed all of them?" you said to him. "Yeah. That was childs play. This is Nevada kid get use to the carnage." he said. 

 Just then more men showed up and a larger number of them! "Oye! Look over ere'! Food!" one of them said. Hank then turned towards them and took out his sword. The tension in the air was intense but it was broken by a HONK HONK! It sounded like a semi-truck... and you look towards the road the men were on. You see bright lights coming up behind them and then SPLAT! All of them were ran over by the semi-truck and it slowed down. The door opened and two men stepped out. "Hey! Sorry to keep you guys!" said one of the men wearing a visor. "Yeah it took us a while to find you bozos!" the other man said and he was... shirtless. "You two finally made it. I have the kid." he said. You get out of the bush and approach slowly. "Kid. Meet Sanford and Deimos."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This took awhile to write. I was aiming for one thousand words but it went for over 1590 words! Crazy I know! Well I hope you enjoyed it and chapter three will be hopefully out soon!