The Sheriff Pt. 2

"DAMMIT! HOLD YOUR FIRE!" The Sheriff said. He had his guns dropped, and was slightly quivering. "Hand over the vault code." You said. "Hey look over there!" The Sheriff said pointing behind you.

"Ha ha. Yeah very funny." You said sarcastically. "I'm not falling for some dumb trick like that."

The Sheriff sighed and kept his hands up. "Alright, then I gotta get it to ya. You're pretty good at shootouts lass/hoss." The Sheriff said.

The Sheriff then chuckled and spat. "So... you're (Y/N) huh? The kid that everyone's been looking for."

"Yeah, so what if I am?" You said. "Nothing is all..." the Sheriff responded. "Well... what are ya waiting for? Shoot me kid."

"Are you seriously hearing deprived! What is wrong with you! I just want to damn code to that stupid vault!" The yelled.

The Sheriff's brows went up. "Wait... you ain't here for the bounty on my head?" The Sheriff asked. "What?"

"I didn't say anything..." the Sheriff responded. "Well shoot! If you wanted it you could of just asked!" The Sheriff said.

You face palmed hard into your hand.
He really was deaf. "When Hank shot you in the head you must of lost your hearing." You mumbled to yourself.

"Come with me pardner'! I'll show you the vault!" The Sheriff said. As he walked you followed him, keeping an eye on him making sure he doesn't do anything stupid.

"Is your real name literally 'Sheriff'?" You asked him. "Sure is." He said. You didn't know how to react, was it funny or just weird. Did his parents really hate him that much?

"I used to sell mattress in Nexus City before I came MERCs leader hoss." Sheriff said. "So if you need some mattress. I got some for you." He said. 

"Ok thanks?" You said. The Sheriff looked to see the Merc Gunner you killed. "Happy that ain't me." He said.

You continued to follow him down the hall way to the room with the vault. "You said you were in Nexus City right? Do you know Dr. Christoff?" You asked.

"Well I'll be darned from what I heard. You know Dr. Christoff too?" He said. "Yeah... he is an... interesting person." You said.

"He sure is. He's also the reason I'm even the leader of MERC to this day partner. With me helping him take out Director Phobos and all, well more like indirectly." He said.

"Well him and Hank hate each other. You also probably hate him too..." you said.

"Yeah of course I hate him. He blew a shotgun in my face, I had to stitch myself back together pardner." He said. "And you lost you're hearing after that too." You thought.

The Sheriff than got to the room with the vault. "C'mon open it already. I wanna get out of this factory." You said. "Well excuse me for running this place." He said.

"Sheesh I'm sorry." You said. The Sheriff opened the vault and pulled out a box. "Here's the part you wanted pardner." He said.

You took it and looked at him. "No tricks?" You asked. "No tricks. I don't need you, Hank, and his two trained hounds busting into my place again." He said. The Sheriff looked at your arm and he saw the bullet wound that Jorge gave you. "Which one of my boys shot you? I told them specifically not to shoot you (Y/N)." He said.

You looked at him suprised a bit. He actually did that? Well that was sort of nice... despite the fact that you killed a few MERC workers.

"It was one of the G03LMS." you said. "Jorge... but he pronounces it 'George'" you said. The Sheriff took off his hat and sighed. "Well, I'll have a talk with em'." He said. "Speaking of them, can you tell them to stop fighting..." you said.

The Sheriff walked out to see Deimos and Sanford fighting the Gunner Twins. Church had Sanford in a head lock while Deimos was on top of Jorges's head, punching it. The Sheriff whistled loudly and the fighting stopped. "Church! Jorge! Stop making all this racket!" The Sheriff said.

All four of them stopped fighting and looked at him. "Hey boss!" Jorge said. "Don't 'Hey boss' me." The Sheriff said.

Church let go of Sanford. "You shot the kid." The Sheriff said. Church pulled on his collar. "Grahh... listen boss. We tried to stop em from getting to ya." Church said. "I specifically told you two not to shoot the kid." The Sheriff said.

Deimos was wheezing a bit. "Yeah... they shot (Y/N)." Deimos said. "You two are on janitor duties." The Sheriff said.

Church and Jorge groaned loudly.

Before you knew it you were loading into the truck. "Well kid... tell Hank and his two amigos to never raid my compound. My business with you is done, but with MERC it ain't." Sheriff said.

On the flat bed Hank stared at the Sheriff. You entered the back of the truck and crawled in. "You good kiddo? You got nicked by that bullet there." Deimos said. "Yeah... I'm fine." You said.