The Drive

You finally calmed down after a bit while Deimos trying to comfort you. Deimos just back up and you did aswell. "You ready to go?" Deimos asked fixing his coat. "We can wait for a bit... for you to feel better." "No... I think I'm ready." you responded. Deimos just gave a smile while he readjusted his visor. "Alright then! Let's get going then!" 

 In the car you saw Doc in the drivers seat while Hank was in the passengers side. Luckily, neither both of them didn't see you cry. Sanford on the other hand... looked miserable as he sat in the back of the car. You and Deimos finally made it to the back door of the car. Deimos than opened the door for you. You just gave a "Thanks" then got inside the vehicle. You sat down next to Sanford and Deimos squeezed into the seat next to you.

 Deimos than shut the car door and it was... tight to say the least. Sanford wasn't exactly the skinniest person on the planet. "We all set?" Doc asked looking back. "The pieces for the machine are in the back?" "Yes sir!" Sanford said to Doc. "Alright then. We shall take off." Doc said turning on the car. "So. Does this car have an AC?" Sanford asked.

 "No. Never installed one." Hank said. "Who doesn't put a AC into a car?" Deimos asked. "I got for cheap." Hank just said bluntly. The car started to move and Doc readjusted the mirrors to it. The car ran over some dead A.A.H.W. units but it never seemed to slow down. The car than took off onto the road and the slaughter started to dissapear over the horizon. "So... why are you building this machine at Hanks apartment?" you asked.

 "We are building it at Hanks apartment due to it bigger and being able to hold it." Doc said. You just gave a slight nod, you then looked over at Hank who was just sitting there. Hank just sat there not saying anything and stared he just out the window. It was dark out while the moon and the stars were out. You looked at Sanford gave a quite chuckle to yourself. "Who wears sunglasses at night?" you thought to yourself. 

 "What?" Sanford asked you. "N-nothing. It's just your wearing sunglasses when it's night." you said to him. Deimos just looked at Sanford and let out a laugh. "Yeah! (Y/N) is right Sanford. Why are you wearing sunglasses?" Deimos asked him aswell. "Is there a problem with it?" Sanford said looking at Deimos while lowering them. "Not at all. Isn't just hard to see?" you asked him. "I don't have a problem seeing through them." Sanford said. "Alright, whatever you say." you said to him. 

 After a few seconds Sanford just put them back on. "Does anyone have water?" you asked. Hank opened the glove compartment and pulled out a bottle of water. "Here." he said not looking back. This caught you off gaurd due to how quickly he reacted. "T-thanks." you said. Hank didn't say anything back like usual. Hank then lowered his mask and took a deep breath. "Hank put your mask on. We don't need to see that ugly jaw of yours." Doc said looking at him. "Also, go to the dentist or something. Fix your teeth." 

 You tried to hold back a laugh at what Doc said to Hank. Deimos just let out a chortle while Sanford chuckled. Hank looked at Doc, due to his goggles it made it hard to see his eyes, but it looked like he was glaring at him. "You're one to talk. I've seen what's under those bandages and mask." Hank said back. "Atleast, Hank. I don't show mine in the open." Doc responded to him. "I also don't have any missing teeth either Hank. So, got anything else to say?"

 Sanford let out a big laugh while Deimos just laughed quietly. You chuckled along aswell as Hank just kept staring at Doc. After regaining your composure you just realized something. "I never saw what's underneath Docs mask." you thought. "Hey Doc. What's under your mask? If you're not comfortable to talk about it, then no need." you said. 

 "No no. I can talk about." Doc said slightly turning his head. "I am missing my entire right cheek. One can see my teeth and some muscle." he continued. You gave him a look of intrest and shock. "Dang! I always thought you were smiling!" Deimos said to him. "Why in the ever living hell would you think I'd be constantly smiling?" Doc said to Deimos. "I dunno!" Deimos responded. 

 Sanford just chuckled at what Deimos said. You drank the water Hank gave you, than gave out a sigh. You closed your eyes and started to relax. "OH CRAP!" Deimos yelled out. This caused you to jump! "What!" Sanford said to Deimos. "I forgot my cigarette box!" Deimos said. Sanford just gave a unamused look and Hank looked at Deimos. "You don't need it." Sanford said. 

 "Come on! It cost me $8!" Deimos said. "Can we go back?" he asked Doc. Doc just slowly turned his head and then stared at Deimos. "No." Doc said. He then turned his attention back to the road. Deimos just let out a angry sigh and readjusted his visor. "How far are we?" you asked. "It should be coming up in the distance soon." Doc said to you. You looked over the horizon to see a building in the distance. There were some lights on in the building. "We're almost there."

-------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 20 is now out! Sorry if this one seemed to be filler. Next chapter will be more eventful. 

Other than that. Take care ya'll!