Time moves so slow... yet, so fast.

A bit contradictory, I should say, since time is a constant and a stable concept created by humans

Time dates back to when the Egyptians created the sundial some time about 1500 BC. However, the time the Egyptians measured was not the same as the time today's clocks measure. For the Egyptians, and indeed for a further three millennia, the basic unit of time was the period of daylight.

We take this invention for granted and nowadays, all we do is look at our expensive watches, just a glance, realize how stupid of us to purchase such luxurious item only to use it to determine how much time we have wasted the entire day. And when we look at the sky or just over the horizon, we realize how much time we've wasted in our lives.

How much time have I wasted in my life?

I'm not sure. However, I am sure I haven't wasted a single moment the previous weeks I've been out of our town. We've been 500 kilometers away from home and that felt very satisfying. It's quite nice to be out of the house after two god damn years of lockdown. If I remained here just a moment longer, I would've lost my sanity.

I treasure more our advent at our family house in Ilocos Norte. I only love one beach in this world and it's the Saud Beach. We've had so many memories, so much moments, and a lot of things to ponder. In fact, that was my only intention of going there–the beach.

Unfortunately for me, that became quite the opposite as I, just as every other fragile being on this world, have found something more beautiful than the beach. And to my disappointment it is only now that I've realized how beautiful it is to love something once more that is quite unconventional and unorthodox. It is very difficult to put it into words when people around you watches you with their very eyes.

And just as every disappointment comes remorse. I'm quite not sure what I've done wrong. Maybe it's because I've lost sight of what is righteous and what is wicked. The isolation I have suffered cause me to rely on the gray spot that righteousness and wickedness have in the middle. I am on the middle ground. This is where I am. This is what I've taught myself. I guess you could say this is my comfort zone and I am never getting out of this shell 🐚 ever again.

True to fact, I still have high hopes that whatever two things that have been intertwined separated by unforeseen circumstances, it shall be together again. I have experienced this countless times in my life and I hope I will see this miracle of life again. Should it even be called a miracle or a coincidence?

Maybe I'm simply being impatient about this. I should practice patience again. It shouldn't be that difficult.

Right?

...

~ arvo