Handshake

It's a regular day so far. Bella is sitting on a chair in the kitchen. She was watching Dillon work on his car. Scott was checking under the hood of his car. Music was blasting out of his car. Bella saw Dillon get in his car and turn it on. The engine was loud. Then Scott closed his hood and lean on the door of the driver seat.

"Yo Dillon! What do you got under the hood of that heap? Six? Eight?" Scott asked, trying to annoy Dillon. But it didn't affect him.

"Twelve and then some." Dillon said. Scott laughed and shook his head. He looked at Dillon.

"Ever hear the expression 'too much of a good thing?'" Scott asked.

"Oh no." Bella knew where this was headed. Dillon turned on his engine louder and fire came out for a short moment.

"Heard of it. Don't buy it." Dillon said.

"You want a good thing? Listen to this music." Scott said. He turned on his engine. To Bella, she thought it wasn't that powerful.

"Four-banger all the way. Computer chip, nitrous injection. What can I say? I like to live dangerously." Scott said. Bella laughed.

"Please. Dillon lives more dangerously than you." Bella said to herself.

"Explains your hair." Dillon said. Bella laughed again.

"Hey, Bella, which car do you prefer?" Scott asked.

"Do you even have to ask? Obviously, Dillon's car. It's more my style." Bella said.

"Hah!" Dillon yelled to Scott. Bella smiled. She enjoyed seeing Dillon happy.

"Guys!" That was Summer. Bella looked up and saw Summer on the second floor. Dillon and Scott lowered their engines.

"You want to try to make a bit more noise left? I still got some hearing left in one ear." Summer said as she pointed to her right ear.

"Just trying to make a point." Scott said.

"Keep trying." Dillon said.

"Yeah, well, if you weren't beating your chest so loudly, you might have heard Dr. K trying to page Dillon over the com." Summer said.

"Ranger Series Black, please report to the ranger room." They all heard Dr. K say on the com.

"I think I'm gonna go with you. I got nothing better to do." Bella said.

"Knock yourself out." Dillon said. He turned off his car and got out of his car. Bella and Dillon walked to the ranger room.

"Bella, I didn't call you here." Dr. K said.

"I'm bored. Thought this would interest me." Bella said.

"You can stay as long as you don't interrupt. Ranger Operator Series Black, if you will, morph." Dr. K said. Bella rolled her eyes. Why couldn't Dr. K call everyone their own names? Bella sat down on a chair and was watching what Dr. K will ask Dillon to do.

"Ranger Operator Series Black." Dr. K said.

"Just call me Dillon." Dillon said as he walked to the middle of the room.

"I prefer to keep our relationship as impersonal as possible." Dr. K said.

"Really? 'Cause I pegged you for the warm and fuzzy type." Dillon said sarcastically.

"It's easier this way." Dr. K said.

"Easier for who?" Dillon asked.

"Guys, stop fighting. Just train." Bella said. Dr. K continued on talking about the things the black ranger can do.