Hard-Hearted Hannah

Bella soon arrived at the church with Sookie and Hugo and wanted to puke. Steve Newlin's wife came out to greet them.

"Hi, there. I just happened to be looking out the window as you were driving up, and I thought I'd come on out and greet you myself. I'm Sarah Newlin. And you all are?" She said.

"Hi. Holly Simpson. I cannot believe I'm meeting you in person. You are cute as a button." Sookie said.

"Thank you, Holly. And you're like a cool breeze on a hot summer day. " Sarah said.

"Quite." Sookie said.

"And you two are?" Sarah said.

"I'm..." Hugo said but Sookie cut him off.

"Silly me. My sister Lilly and this is Rufus Dobson, my fiancé, I love saying that word. In fact, sometimes I love it so much, I don't even want to get married, just so I can keep on calling him. But we're going to. Get married, that is. Which is why we're looking for a church." She said.

"Well, excellence. And I'm pleased to meet you, Lilly, Rufus." Sarah said.

"It's an honor." Hugo said.

"Pleasure." Bella said.

"The honor's mine. Now, how about you all follow me in and we'll see if Steve is available. I'm sure he'd love to meet you three." Sarah said.

"For real? Reverend Newlin himself? Oh, that would be just super." Sookie said.

"Well, come on." Sarah said and started to lead the way.

"Well, the funny thing is, Rufus and I actually met in church. But we both left, like, a month later when we realized that our pastor was... a little iffy." Sookie said.

"He was a homosexual," Steve guessed.

"We don't know that. He might have been, but what became all too clear was that... he was a sympathizer." Sookie said.

Steve and Sarah sighed and shook their heads at the same time. "See, that really ticks me off, I mean how can you claim to be a God-loving person and then love something that God detests?" Steve asked.

"It's upsetting," Sookie said with fake outrage.

"It is. It is upsetting, but that's why my fiancée and I are here. We wanna make this our new home." Hugo agreed.

"We are thrilled that you've chosen us," Sarah told him with a voice so high it couldn't have possibly been an honest answer.

'Wonder how that platform's coming. I can't wait to bring that vampire up from the basement and watch the sun do him the justice that 2000 years of living couldn't.' Steve thought.

"It'll be amazing to finally be amongst like-minded people, I don't care what anyone says about vampires being able to control themselves. I know better. I know that every single one of them is a vicious, bloodthirsty killer." Sookie said.

"Yes. I don't understand why they are here in the first place. They are, in effect, the beasts described in Revelations." Bella said, referring to the Bible. She got approved looks from Steve and Sarah, and she saw Sookie and Hugo look shocked by her knowledge.

"That is so true." Sarah said.

"Well, I don't think we should dwell on the evil in this world. Let's go on a tour and y'all can see where you'll be getting married." Steve said and stood, indicating for them to follow suit.

They were almost at the end of the tour. They had seen the chapel and the prayer rooms, that were dotted everywhere. All that was left was the main part of the church.