zero.

Those Lazy Hazy Crazy Days of Summer

~~~~~

"she managed to make the devil's daughter care"

~~~~~

Her auburn hair was splayed across the pillows of the bed. Her white tank top was pushed up towards her neck just to the point where the black lace of her bra was peeking out from under it, but it still covered the majority of it. Her cheeks were flushed pink as her bright blue eyes stared up at the strawberry blonde that was straddling her waist and pulling her shirt over her head, revealing a lacey red bra.

"So what do you think?"

Hope slightly laughed, a soft smile gracing her face. "You mean, what do I think about the bra that I helped you pick out?" She glanced over the teen girl, a larger grin making its way onto her features. "It's cute, Lyds."

"Of course it is. I'm wearing it after all." Lydia replied with the confidence that Hope had always admired from her and found absolutely adorable.

The strawberry blonde leaned over and began to place kisses on the girl's stomach, tracing an imaginary line that led up to where Hope's bra ended. She then lifted her head up with a smile and before she knew it, Hope wrapped her hands around the back of Lydia's neck and pulled her down towards, connecting their lips together.

Hope then flipped their positions to where she was now straddling Lydia's waist before she began trailing kisses down the strawberry blonde's neck. The necklaces around her neck were dangling in between the two of them.

"Are you excited for school tomorrow?" Lydia asked.

Hope briefly stopped what she was doing to reply. "As happy as one can be to go to Hell."

"So pessimistic." Lydia teased with a smile before connecting their lips once more before Hope smiled and then began to trail kisses down her stomach.

"Are you?"

"Of course I am!" She replied. "Jackson came back from his trip and I'll see him again!"

The auburn haired girl froze, halting in her movements entirely. That was not the answer she ever wanted to hear. She sat up from the position she was once in, staring down at the girl below her.

Lydia frowned, "I shouldn't have said that, right? What a buzzkill."

"The buzziest." Hope rolled her eyes and swung her leg over to where she was no longer straddling the girl. She then gracefully slid off of the bed and stood up. She pulled her tank top down and began to slip on her shoes.

Lydia sat up in her bed, looking at Hope. "Why are you mad, Hope?"

Said girl looked at her, tilting her head slightly. "I'm not mad, Lydia." Her tone came out harsher then she wanted it to be, but Hope didn't care.

The strawberry blonde faltered at the use of her full name and not the nickname she had grown accustomed to when it would roll off the young Marshall's during conversations and during...well...other things. "Good. Because you have no right to be." She snapped at the smaller girl, getting riled up because of it.

Hope scoffed, "Well, I'm not, so we don't have a problem here, right?" She shrugged her shoulders in indifference, putting up a façade that she didn't care.

She did.

"God, Hope!" Lydia exclaimed. "Why are you acting like this?!" She paused when Hope turned to look at her. The girl's bright blue eyes reminded her so much of a storm and it definitely didn't help to see all the emotions swirling through them.

"I'm not acting like anything, Lydia!"

"Don't yell at me!!"

"You yelled at me first!" Hope retorted.

"And I shouldn't have." Lydia calmed down a little before frowning. "But you knew when we started this that it was never going to go anywhere. No one knows that I...that..."

"That you like girls too?"

"Yeah...that."

A silence then overtook the two of them. Neither of them knew what to say to the other. Lydia didn't know what to say to the girl she had developed serious closeted feelings and Hope didn't know what to say to the girl that she had practically been love with since she was seven.

"Can't we try to give it a shot?" Hope offered, her tone was soft and gentle. "No one even has to know, we can wait until you're ready."

"No, we can't."

"And why not?"

Then Lydia said something that was going to haunt her every night after that moment. "Because you're nothing more than just some dyke with daddy issues!! Whatever this was...it was just a summer fling." She yelled at Hope. "Nothing more."

A single tear slipped from Hope's eyes, but she quickly wiped with the back of her hand. She grabbed her phone off of the bed, slipped it into her jean pockets, spun around on her heel, and exited the girl's room.

Lydia chased Hope down the hallway out of her room, grabbing onto the girl's hand. "Hope, wait! I di-"

Hope shrugged off the girl's hand, pulling it from the hold that once made her feel all warm inside and now all it did was make her feel sick. "Lydia, stop. You made your point." The shorter girl sighed, not wanting to get her feeling hurt anymore than they already were. "Just please...stop." She then rushed down the stairs of the home and through the doors that led out of the Martin household. Both girls on the inside of the house and the outside were left heartbroken.

But is heartbreak the beginning or the end of an epic love story?

~~~~~

a/n: hello lovelies:) only in the prologue and already breaking Hope's heart, doesn't that just give you some much hope for this story?

please don't be a silent reader. vote and comment. 

stay safe, wash your hands, don't cough on people, and love you lots<33