twenty-seven.

The First Full Moon

~~~~~

"behind her fearless, selfless bravado was a scared little girl, who just wanted her father

"behind her fearless, selfless bravado was a scared little girl, who just wanted her father."

~~~~~

"Dad?"

Hope stood shocked in the doorway as she stared at her father with wide blue eyes.

"What are you doing?" Hope took a step out onto the porch. "You can't be here."

The plants around them had already started dying and Hope could hear the god awful whispers in the back of her head returning. She pushed them done, acted as if they weren't there. But if these two things were already happening, it was only moments before the next tragedy happened because of the power sources getting too close to each other.

Hope was dreading to see what it was going to be.

Klaus had been frozen in his spot as soon as he had seen Hope.

The last time he had seen her was when he attended the funeral for Hayley. He had only been there for a few moments before the water they had floated her body out on turned a dark blood red. After that had happened, he had fled from the scene, once again leaving Hope alone.

So much had changed since he last saw her.

It was at the end of her freshman year. She was a young teenager then. She had been curlier hair back then and was often accompanied by one of those braided headbands. She had a lighter smile and her eyes were full of life.

But now, everything seems to have changed.

It was now the end of her sophomore year—if he remembered correctly. She was older now, obviously. Her hair was now in looser curls and was a darker color than it had been before. She no longer had the more childish look on her face, her smile seemed to have faded, and her eyes were duller.

Klaus had snapped out of it, taking a small step forward. "I made a promise to your mother that you wouldn't have to go through it alone," Klaus began. "And I intend to keep that promise."

Hope blinked back her tears, "But the plants, the Hollow, we can't—we can't be around each other."

She was trying so hard to be reasonable and to remember the consequences of what was going to happen yet all she could think of was how happy she was to see her father and how much she just wanted a hug from him.

Klaus nodded, sorrowfully.

He knew that was true.

That them being in the same place was catastrophic.