thirty-nine.

Lies and Threats

~~~~~

"since I was around her when she was a kid, she trusts me—a little naïve on her part

"since I was around her when she was a kid, she trusts me—a little naïve on her part."

~~~~~

"So have you told him yet?"

Benjamin glanced over to see Hope catching up to him as they walked the sidewalks outside the school. When she got close enough, he wrapped his arm around her shoulders, much to her annoyance.

"Not yet."

"How come?"

Benjamin sighed, "I haven't got the chance to, you know. He's been so wrapped up with everything that is going on, I didn't want to bother him."

"He's your boyfriend. I don't think you'd be bothering him."

"Eh," Benjamin pulled Hope closer to him. "I think you're the only one who has never gotten annoyed with him. Then again, you're obligated to put up with me ever since I claimed you as my best friend."

"I think you're remembering the beginning of our friendship a little differently than I am. If I remember, you—"

Benjamin used his free hand to cover her mouth, "Hush now."

Hope gave into a childish impulse and licked his hand.

He recoiled with a disgusted look on his face, "Hope!"

"Sorry!"

Benjamin wiped his hand against his jeans, furiously.

"You know germs can't affect you, right?" Hope watched his movements, biting the inside of her cheek to keep from laughing at her friend.

"So?" He arched his brow. "It's still gross."

"Benji! Hope!"

Both best friends looked over to see Stiles waving at the two of them enthusiastically, Scott walking beside him giving the two a friendly smile as they approached. Benjamin left Hope's side, making his way over to Stiles, leaving both Scott and Hope to awkwardly staring at each other as Benjamin and Stiles kissed each other in greeting and became all coupley.

From the corner of her eye, Hope saw Matt approaching them, making her roll her eyes, but force a somewhat friendly smile to her face nonetheless.

"Hey..." Matt slowed his steps and words as he saw Benjamin and Stiles.

Hope's hand formed into a fist.

She wanted to hit him.

Multiple times.

Benjamin and Stiles turned their attention away from each other and towards the other teenager, who was gawking at them. The couple seemed rather annoyed by the boy's sudden appearance.