eighteen.

Revelations

~~~~~

"it happened so fast , she didn't know what hit her

"it happened so fast , she didn't know what hit her."

~~~~~

A knocking against the front door brought Hope's attention away from her blank canvas. She set down the brush she was planning on using and the pallet that had paint on it before making her way towards the door.

When she opened the door, she was greeted with the sight of her best friend. "Finally decided to use the front door?" Hope leaned against the door frame, her arms crossed over her chest, and a teasing smile on her face.

Benjamin walked straight into the house, not bothering with her comment.

Hope tilted her head, immediately sensing something was wrong with him.

"Benji, what's wrong?" She questioned, turning around to face him and then closed the door behind herself.

"I messed up," He told her, his eyes glancing up at the ceiling.

"What happened?"

Benjamin bit the inside of his cheek, anxiously popping his knuckles—no sound coming from it from the excessive amount he had already done. "He told me he liked me," He admitted.

"But that's what you've been waiting for–for like forever," She didn't understand. "Shouldn't that be a good thing?"

"I said 'thank you' and that I didn't feel the same way."

Hope's lips turned down into a frown. "Why would you do that?"

"Because he forgot about you, Hope!" Benjamin exclaimed. "I know you're a supernatural badass, but he—they never should have left you! And as long as I have been waiting for Stiles to say something, I wasn't going to write off his actions towards you like they didn't mean anything."

Hope was silent.

"You're my best friend. You've always been there for me. I wasn't going to jeopardize our friendship—the one good thing I have had in my life since I was a kid—for some crush."

"You don't have to sacrifice your happiness for me, Benji," Hope spoke up.

She was miserable.

He didn't have to be.

"But what kind of friend would I be if I didn't?"

"And what kind of friend would I be if I influenced your decisions to the point that you were upset?" Hope retorted. She hated that he was sad.