nine.

Familiar Faces

~~~~~

"you remind me of the happy past I once had and maybe that's why the thought of you makes me so angry

"you remind me of the happy past I once had and maybe that's why the thought of you makes me so angry."

~~~~~

A knock on her window caused Hope to fall off of her bed from where she had been reading the book Kafka's Metamorphosis for English class. She wanted to get ahead of the class even though she had already read the book due to the recommendation she had received from her Uncle Elijah—from before he had left and removed all his memories of his family.

Hope popped up from the other side of her bed, her hair flipping backwards as she readied an incantation to say if any danger presented itself.

But instead of danger, she was met with her best friend on the other side of the window.

Hope narrowed her blue eyes at him before climbing over her bed and unlatching the window before sliding it up. "Why not use the front door like a normal person?" She questioned, earning a grin from Benjamin in response.

"I wanted to see if I could climb to the second floor."

"Like Spiderman?" She asked, incredulously.

"Exactly like Spiderman." Benjamin affirmed with a nod of his head before making his way to her desk and looking through some of the papers that were on it. His eyes then zoned in one particular sticky note that was sticking out of one of her grimoires.

So in his true Benjamin fashion, he flipped open the large book and he immediately furrowed her brows when he saw the different language that looked like complete gibberish to him. His eyes then made his way to one of the other pale colored yellow sticky notes that was in the book. Much to his relief, it was in the only language-–besides Spanish—that he could fluently understand.

His jaw dropped when he read the words: "Lycanthropy? Spell for control?" It was messily scribbled out of the note, which was the final puzzle piece for the boy to figure out what was going on in Beacon Hills.

Hope whispering at the game to Scott.

The way Hope had been spending more time with Scott and Stiles.

Scott's amazing playing on the field.

Lycanthropy.

Spells for control.