six.

Harsh Reality

~~~~~

"life was a brutal tidal wave, once you were swept up in it, there was no coming back

"life was a brutal tidal wave, once you were swept up in it, there was no coming back."

~~~~~

Hope had successfully avoided Stiles and Scott for the first half of the day.

Each time that she would see them in the pair of best friends, she would find a classroom to slip into or the girl's bathroom, which she had done on many accounts. Every time that she did so, she couldn't help but regret her decision to help them out the prior day.

Maybe she should've left it alone, you know?

The two teenage boys probably could have figured out their problems out on their own. She could have just kept walking out of the building and driven to the hospital, remaining completely oblivious to what was happening. And if someone had walked past or had heard the commotion, she was sure that Stiles and his remarks would have made the individual regret every single life decision.

But she didn't do any of that.

Instead, she inserted herself into whatever had happened. Thus, she risked exposing herself and put herself in more danger, which would just add to the list of crap she was already dealing with.

And this time she didn't have the rest of the family to bail her out. They were already caught up with another problem that had happened because of her–because she existed and that she was still alive.

Her thoughts seemed to distract her more than she should've let them. She was only brought out of them when she felt a tug on her wrist and before she was even given time to react, she was pulled into an empty classroom.

Hope ripped her wrist out of whoever's hand had been wrapped around it. She then looked up, her blue eyes darting back and forth between the two culprits, Scott McCall and Stiles Stilinski.

Sometimes she wished she had her werewolf side because it could prevent situations like this from happening. She would sense them coming and then 'boom!'—problem avoided.

The auburn-haired girl twisted her ring around her finger, anxiously. It was either that or fiddle with the Mikaelson crest necklace or the necklace from her mother around her neck, but those tended to lead to questions about it.

Questions that she didn't particularly want to answer.

"Are you two going to stand there all day or are you going to say something?" Hope questioned, raising an eyebrow as the two friends shifted on their feet.