twenty-nine.

Provoking the Tribrid

~~~~~

"there were only so much one's patience can be pushed

"there were only so much one's patience can be pushed."

~~~~~

After Levi and Hope had left the skating rink, Scott had basically passed out in Levi's arms. The wounds that Derek had given him were much deeper than Hope had previously thought.

Hope was torn on what to do next. She could either take Scott to her house or his and see if her magic could fix the issue or she could take Scott to the Animal Clinic where she knew he could be helped.

She was quick to choose the second option.

Levi had gone back to check in with his father and brother. His goal was to avoid suspicion for as long as possible, so he could continue helping out Hope and making sure no one got killed. He was trying to do everything in his power to ensure peace between hunter and wolf.

It was going pretty okay so far.

But he knew it wouldn't soon.

Hope had dropped Levi off a considerable distance away from the Argent house. Neither Levi nor Hope wanted to be spotted by Gerard or one of his goons when they were together.

After dropping him off, she drove Scott to the Animal Clinic.

Scott was sitting in the passenger seat of her car, leaning his head against the window as he floated in and out of consciousness.

"Oh, come on, Scott!" Hope exclaimed when she heard his heartbeat slow down until it barely sounded as if it were beating. "You're not allowed to die on me. Stiles would kill me!"

Hope kept her left hand on the steering wheel and removed her right.

"Scutum," She murmured. Light blue electricity generated in the palm of her hand. It bounced between her fingertips and circled around her hand.

Hope looked up at the sky, "This is such a bad idea."

Hope placed her right hand on Scott's arm, sending a sharp electrical current through him. His eyes snapped open, glowing a bright amber color and his fangs elongated from his mouth. He then collapsed back into the chair, his eyes returning to their natural color and any other animalistic features disappeared.

"Oh my god," Hope mumbled, pulling her hand away and putting it back on the steering wheel.

"Hope?" Scott questioned, groggily.

Hope sighed in relief, "Thank you for not dying."

"Dying?" He exclaimed, very alarmed. "Who's dying?"