thirty-eight.

Animal Doctor

~~~~~

"with a little less attitude next time!"~~~~~

~~~~~

As much as Hope had wanted to stay with  Erica the entire night and make sure she was okay, she had received a very rude phone call from Levi telling her to come home; however, the hunter had used more colorful language than that, all the wolves in the Depot being able to hear what he said.

It was safe to say his language caught most people off guard

Hope, on the other hand, found it amusing.

Much to her dismay, she ended up walking home. Levi had offered to drive her yet he didn't have a car and Hope's was still at the high school, which was her first stop. After retrieving her car, she began to drive home, only to receive a phone call from Benjamin.

"Benji."

"My tiny best friend!" Benjamin was cheerful for it being so late. "How are you doing?"

"I'm fine."

How many times had she said that today?

Way too many to count.

Benjamin scoffed, "Sure, Hope, and I'm straight, but you know."

Hope rolled her eyes.

"The attitude isn't cute," Benjamin commented.

"How'd you—" Hope shook her head and sighed, "Never mind."

"You always have some sort of attitude, Hope. It's practically in your blood."

Hope turned on her blinker, switching lanes so she could make the turn into her neighborhood later. "In my blood..." She muttered, softly, only to clear her thoughts quickly after. "Any reason for your call?"

"Why do I have to have a reason to call you? Couldn't I be calling just to check in on you and see how you were doing?"

"You could," Hope turned onto her street, "But you already did that today, so there must be something else behind this call."

"So skeptical."

Benjamin was used to it.

In all honesty, he found it amusing, especially when his best friend would get all paranoid and irritated, causing her to glare up at him with her arms crossed over her chest and her lips pursed. He never found it intimidating.

She looked like a little angry puppy.

She technically was.

That reminded him, he needed to ask her to see her wolf form.